Take Back America Conference
21st Century Democrats support
21st Century Democrats is a Political Action Committee that has stood for Progressive causes for over 20 years. Founded in 1986 by Institute for Policy Studies affiliate, Iowa Senator Tom Harkin, Democratic Socialists of America affiliates, former Texas Agriculture Secretary Jim Hightower, and former Illinois Congressman Lane Evans. Its three main goals are to help elect progressive candidates, train young people about grassroots organizing, and lastly, to continue to support our elected officials after Election Day "through our comprehensive progressive network".
The mission of 21st Century Democrats is to build a "farm team" of progressive populists who will be the future leaders of the Democratic Party.
- In each election cycle, we endorse a diverse array of candidates who exemplify our values and show unusual promise to advance our progressive goals. We invest in some of the most competitive races as well as in some of the most challenging – those in which the candidates are outstanding but the traditional Democratic supporters are most reticent. We back candidates in primaries as well as general election races, and we focus the bulk of our resources on electing challengers and protecting vulnerable incumbents.
J Sreet endorsement
Council for a Livable World
As at March 12, 2010, Darcy Burner served on the board of the Council for a Livable World. The Council was founded in 1962 by nuclear physicist Leo Szilard and other scientists. Its purpose is to campaign against the proliferation of nuclear weapons through lobbying and by supporting candidates who share their vision.
As at March 18, 2010, Darcy Burner served as the Executive Director of ProgressiveCongress.org and the Progressive Congress Action Fund. As such, she is responsible for strategy and management of the organizations.
Burner serves as a board member of NARAL, Council for a Livable World’s PeacePAC, the Students for a New American Politics PAC Advisory Board, the Progressive Ideas Network Advisory Board, and the Congressional Progressive Caucus PAC.
America's Future Now!
- Berniecrats, accessed August 24
- Take Back America 2008 - Details (accessed on May 11, 2010)
- 21st Century Democrats website, About us]
- 21st Century Democrats 2008 bio
- J Street 2008 Annual Report
- CLW website: Board
- Progressive Congress website: Staff
- Our Future website: Take Back America 2010 Speakers (accessed on July 12, 2010)