Boston DSA connection
In 1990. James Braude and Deborah Weinstein spoke to Boston Democratic Socialists of America's March forum on the Massachusetts fiscal crisis. Daniel Singer, The Nation correspondent, and Peter Mathern, Czechoslovakian student leader, addressed several forums in Boston as part of DSA's Eastern Europe tour.
Socialist Scholars Conference 1990
The World Wide Struggles for Democracy
- Maria Helena Moreira Alves, Workers Party, Brazil
- Ruben Zamora, The Democratic Convergence, El Salvador
- Boris Kagarlitsky, Soviet Democratic Socialist Leader
- Joseph S. Murphy, Chancellor, City University of New York
- Daniel Singer, Author, Is Socialism Doomed?
Socialist Scholars Conference 1992
Paul Sweezy, Monthly Review, Daniel Singer, European Correspondent for The Nation, Samir Amin, Senegal and Leo Panitch, York University, Toronto were speakers on the Globalization and Delinking panel sponsored by Monthly Review and Socialist Register at the Tenth Annual Socialist Scholars Conference. The conference was held April 24-26, 1992 at the Borough of Manhattan Community College, New York City.
He spoke alongside Paul Berman, Editor, Debating P.C., Ray Franklin, Michael Harrington Center, Joanne Barkan, Editorial Board, Dissent and Cornel West on the What Future for the Socialist Idea? panel sponsored by the Democratic Socialists of America and the Michael Harrington Center.
Socialist Scholars 1997
Speakers included: Mimi Abramovitz, Daniel Singer, Harry Magdoff, Istvan Meszaros, Barbara Epstein, Ruth Sidel, Carlos Vilas, Rep. Jerrold Nadler, L. A. Kauffman, Leo Panitch, Hector Figueroa, David Abdulah, Louise Merriweather, Ngugi wa Thiongo, Amiri Baraka, Sonia Sanchez, Alexandr Buzgalin, Leith Mullings, Axel Queval, Pap Ndale, Jean-Pierre Page, and "dozens more..."
Individual endorsers of the event included Daniel Singer.
One of the many workshops at the Manifestivity was;
In 1999 Daniel Singer, the European correspondent of The Nation, "is a left-wing socialist belonging to no party. A journalist, broadcaster and lecturer, he is the author of many books, of which the latest Whose Millennium? Theirs or Ours? has just been published by Monthly Review Press".
- DEMOCRATIC: LEFT MAY-JUNE 1990, page 8
- Second Annual Socialist Scholars Conference program.
- SSE Tenth Annual Conference Program, 1992
- Mail Archive website: Communist Manifestivity Conference Schedule, Oct. 28, 1998
- Dem. Left, Millennium Part One 1999