Frew first went to varsity in 1984. From 1993/2001 he attended Waikato University.
Timber Workers Union
On 2.4.90 Frew was Signatory to a PV appeal for "united front" to defeat the "Compact", Timber Workers Union, South Auckland Secretary, Hamilton.
- 1993 On list of contacts in AYN No 4 for nationwide anti National publicity campaign (Hamilton)
- 1994 Helped write book on Peoples Assembly and BOOF Project.
Next Step Democracy Movement
Waikato Environment Bunch
Waikato Students Union
- 1995 - Waikato Students Union Campaigns coordinator.
The 2005, 10th Congress of the Communist Party of Australia was pleased to have as a guest Comrade Dale Frew from the Socialist Party of Aotearoa. Based in Christchurch, Dale was a Union Official between 1982 and 1992 of first the Butchers and Grocers Union and then Timber Workers Union.
US Embassy letter/Cuban 5
On 6 April 2009 US Embassy in Wellington refused to accept a hand delivered letter from MPs, City Councillors, trade unionists, church leaders,academics and other New Zealanders calling on the US Government not to oppose the petition to the US Supreme Court for the release of the Cuban 5.
An attempt to deliver the letter was made by Wellington City Councillor, Ray Ahipene-Mercer and Secretary of the Weliington Cuba Friendship Society Gillian Magee but US Embassy Guards said they would not accept a hand delivered letter.
- Dear Attorney General Holder
- We, the undersigned New Zealanders are writing this letter to you on the eve of the US Government submitting a brief in response to the 30 January 09 petition to the Supreme Court and the twelve separate amicus curiae briefs that were filed in the US Supreme Court on 6 March 2009 regarding the unjust incarceration of five Cuban citizens - Gerardo Hernández Nordelo, René González Sehweret, Ramón Labañino Salazar, Antonio Guerrero Rodríguez and Fernando González Llort - known as the Cuban 5.
- We urge the United States Government to acknowledge that a complete miscarriage of justice has taken place regarding the Cuban 5 and to support, rather than oppose, a review of the conviction by the Supreme Court. We urge you to immediately release the Cuban 5.
Signatories included Dale Frew, Workers Institute for Scientific Socialist Education.
- [PV 19 Feb 90]
- Canta 12 93
- (BOOF book)
- Peace of Action No 3
- CG Vol No1
- Nexus 17
- Nexus 17
- NSDM Mar 95
- Hot Frog Aug 95
- The Guardian November 9 2005, A warning from NZ]
- SCOOP, US Embassy Refuses Letter From MPs. Crs. Unionists Tuesday, 7 April 2009, 9:36 am Press Release: NZ Committee to Free the Cuban Five