- 1 BYP 100 comrades
- 2 Durham Beyond Policing Coalition
- 3 Anti-police
- 4 BYP 100
- 5 Ignite Staff
- 6 Ignite training
- 7 "We Demand Access to the Durham Jail! Rally & Press Conference"
- 8 "Durham Beyond Policing Town Hall"
- 9 "Supporting "progressive county commissioners"
- 10 Duke-Durham occupation
- 11 "Introduction to Black feminism"
- 12 Amandla Training
- 13 Black Ideological Struggle Webinar
- 14 Momentum trainers
- 15 Decrim Durham Election Forum
- 16 NC Student Power Union activists
- 17 References
D’atra “Dee Dee” Jackson is a North Carolina activist. Jackson is originally from Philadelphia and moved to Durham from Florida. She attended Cheyney University of Pennsylvania where she received her Bachelor’s Degree in Recreation and Leisure Mgmt. She went on to obtain her Master’s Degree in Recreation and Sport Management from Florida International University on December 2013. While in Miami, she was active in an organization called Dream Defenders, founding the FIU chapter. Dee Dee was a featured panelist at Make Progress, and Next Step Summit by AFL-CIO. She was an organizer with the first statewide #BlackLivesMatter youth assembly. Dee Dee work within Southern Vision Alliance has included coordinating coalitions, leading student debt campaign, summer staff for the Youth Organizing Freedom School, and organizing at HBCU campuses.
She is also an aspiring movement DJ, named DJ MerQueen Gangsta for the Revolution, and works as organizational director for NC Student Power Union.
BYP 100 comrades
Asha Rosa February 18 2020 ·
Durham Beyond Policing Coalition
Manju Rajendran June 3 2019·
Tonight we will see you at Durham City Hall at 7pm to speak about the 2019-2020 budget. We will urge our Mayor and Council: no to the police chief’s proposed expansion of 72 new police officers over the next three years; yes to living wages for all public service workers; yes to the creation of a Community-Led Safety and Wellness Task Force; yes to fully funding existing programs that receive City of Durham support like the Eviction Diversion program and Welcome Home.
Wear red! Or rep for an organization you're a part of.
Join Durham Beyond Policing's FB page for updates. — with Annie Elizabeth Segrest, Mab Segrest, Beau Cromartie, El Tee, Mariah Monsanto, Undreya Hudson, Aaron Gamal, D'atra Jackson, L. Cole Parke, Ajamu Amiri Dillahunt, Ade Toyesi Ibijoke, Sandra Korn, Courtney Sebring, Aman Aberra, Danielle Purifoy, Mikel Barton, Nhawndie Smith, Nikki Brown and Serena Sebring.
Zaina Alsous March 14, 2016 ·
My people my people ✊🏾 No new police headquarters on our watch! #DurhamBeyondPolicing — with Serena Sebring, Destiny Hemphill, Chanelle Croxton, Ade Toyesi Ibijoke, D'atra Jackson, Jade Brooks and Danielle Purifoy in Durham, North Carolina.
Ociele Hawkins August 15, 2017 ·
- Bryan Perlmutter (Director)
- Irving Allen (Triad Field Director)
- Elena Everett (Operations Director)
- Bree Newsome (Western Field Director)
- Loan Tran (Communications Team Leader)
- D’atra Jackson (Triangle and East HBCU Coordinator)
Bryan Perlmutter August 30, 2014 ·
Ignite NC fellow training day one is over! #peopleovermoney the work is only starting! #fall2014 — with Sanyu LG, Saif Roshan, Irving Allen, Gavin Jerrod VIncent, Bree Newsome, D’atra Jackson, Lela Ali and Elena Everett.
"We Demand Access to the Durham Jail! Rally & Press Conference"
Thursday 10 December 2015, Zaina Alsous organized a "We Demand Access to the Durham Jail! Rally & Press Conference " outside the Durham County Jail.
- Join us as we announce our newly formed Jail Investigation Team and our plans to hold the Durham County Jail accountable.
Since November 2012, Inside-Outside Alliance, a Durham based organization that organizes against the prison system, has published letters from inmates and their families detailing the inhumane conditions many experience at the Durham County Detention Facility.
Those indicating their intention to attend on Wherevent included Jillian Johnson, Cat Crowe, Maiz Criollo, Alex Biggers, Mitch Xia, Sendolo Diaminah, Mindy Isser, Sarah Pederson, Eli Meyerhoff, Liz Rose, Molly Hastings, Alice Sievers, Justine Lam, Elisa Benitez, Nikhil Umesh, Patricia Bass, Phillip Marschall, Matt Whitt, Xander Collins, Leah Block, Joe Stapleton, Holden Cession, James Cersonsky, D’atra Jackson, Arbor Quist, Stanley Yuan, Blanche Amelia S. Brown, Michael Becker, Sydney Roberts, Archer Wang, Eli Viszk, Danielle Roachie, Amy Godfrey, Ryan Stokes, Michael Dennis, Gregory Williams, Jade Brooks, Jojo Moto, Abby Hylton, Chanelle Croxton, David Theurer, Ben Carroll, Dante Strobino, Destiny Hemphill, Shilpi Misra, Nikki Mintz, Heeva Kadivar, Sandra Korn, Naomi Baumann. 
"Durham Beyond Policing Town Hall"
We are calling all freedom-fighters, all justice-lovers, all truth-tellers, all who can't wait to please join Southerners On New Ground and the #SayHerName crew for a community forum and visioning session. Let's speak our truths and sow the seeds of a new way forward for all our people, with those most impacted, most criminalized, at the center: black and brown people, queer, trans and gender non-conforming folks, working class and poor people, undocumented people ... Let's dream and scheme together and find out ways to throw down for campaigns and direct action that holds the cops accountable
Those indicating attendance on Wherevent included Jillian Johnson, Dante Strobino, James Cersonsky, Nikhil Umesh, Ben Wilkins, Jade Brooks, Marcus R. Bass, Joe Stapleton, Kristen Cox, Hannah Spector, Jose Romero, Nancy Caamano, China Medel, Scott Michael, Alex Biggers, Destiny Hemphill, Cat Crowe, Monique Laborde, Tobi Lippin, Amy Wang, Mitch Xia, Xander Stewart, Smiley Boyd, Mina Ezikpe, Ethan Tyler, Jess Dilday, Jonathan Henderson, Alex Chassanoff, Jacky Chan, Margaret A. Brunson, Alissa Ellis, Magdalene Slerlisk, Saba Taj, Le'Andre Demond Blakeney, Doneatha Green, Kaylan Baxter, Destiny Hemphill, D’atra Jackson, Amy Glaser, Eliza Meredith, Gregory Williams, Victoria Bouloubasis, Umar Salute Muhammad, Patricia Bass, Gen Na, Regan Downey Buchanan, Chanelle Croxton, Ben Carroll, Patrick Snipes, Jess Issacharoff, Mariah Monsanto, Alex Biggers, Jojo Moto, Zachary Faircloth, Sarah Pederson, Stef Bernal-Martinez, Bro Beasley, Ben Wilkins, Jessica Pierce, Isa Bee, Jessica Jude, Tony Hood, Mindy Isser, Rachel Alexis Storer, Moses Ochola, Ade Oh, Lisa Sorg, Blanche Amelia S. Brown, Shilpi Misra, Scott Michael, Afi Apefa Bello, Mary Alta, Anastasia Karkliņa, Lizzie Lindsey, Holly Hardin, Matilda Wormwood, Eli Viszk, Wutang McDougal, Andrew Heil, Fern Hickey, Philip Marschall, Catherine Berman, Bex Kolins, Jen Przewoznik, Equashia Mumin, Eva Panjwani, India Pierce, Sandra Korn, Risa Foster, Ngọc Loan Tran, Eli Meyerhoff, Shanna Ochola, Serena Sebring, Ajamu Dillahunt, Jr., Nagwa Nukuna, Jina Valentine.
"Supporting "progressive county commissioners"
Sendolo Diaminah wrote on his Facebook page February 24 2016;
- Kaji is so hyped to phone bank for progressive county commissioners that he came a week early--even tho there was a tornado warning! Y'all better get on his level!!… Durham we have a chance to elect commissioners who can use local office to defend our communities from all the attacks coming from the republican New Confederacy. Let's use our power! You know what I mean Nia, Zaina, Alec, Santos, Seamus, Ann, Ajamu, D'atra, Cheema, Mandy, Ade, Aiden, Lorisa, Bro Ray, Melissa...
Sendolo Diaminah backed the Duke-Durham occupation April 8 at 6:40pm, 2016. ·
- Come celebrate the struggle as it moves from occupation to the next stage! Bryan Proffitt, Kaji Reyes, Laila Nur, Rufus Firefly, Anca Stefan, Alec Greenwald, Manzoor Cheema, Monica Huerta, James Hill, Elena Everett, Chanelle Croxton, D’atra Jackson, Ajamu Dillahunt, Jr., Jadebroo KS, Nia Wilson, Anthony Maglione, Sijal Nasralla, Gary B Durham, Alec Greenwald, Aiden Graham, Melissa Norton, Bro Ray, Saba Taj, Ade Oh.
"Introduction to Black feminism"
Tuesday, August 15 at 8:30 PM
Created for Black August Practice Group.
Sendolo Diaminah August 15, 2017;
- Black people! Tonight my beloved sister Adrienne Maree Brown is leading a web discussion about Black Feminism as part of a series of Black August political education sessions hosted by Malcolm X Grassroots Movement, Freedom Road Socialist Organization, and BOLD.
Those expressing interest on Facebook included D’atra Jackson.
Sendolo Diaminah February 1 2018
- Hey Black organizers & those who love us: BOLD has re-opened our application period for Amandla, our organizer training program. We have just a few more slots we wanted to make available, so now is your chance if you missed the deadline!
Alicia Garza, Ajamu Dillahunt, Aaron Gamal, Whitney Maxey, Hashim Benford, Ociele Hawkins, Bryan Proffitt, Bennett D. Carpenter, Courtney Sebring, Cazembe Murphy Jackson, Reece Chenault, Charlene Carruthers, Chanelle Croxton, D’atra Jackson, Dove Kent, Fresco Steez DeLaflyy, Maria C. Fernandez, Aiden Riley Graham, Kaji Reyes, Laila Nur, Theo Luebke, Maria Poblet, N’Tanya Lee, Taliba O Njeri, Orisanmi Burton, Quinton Harper, Roberto Tijerina, Mary Hooks, Serena Sebring, Adaku Utah, Vanessa Moses, Ash-Lee Woodard Henderson, Thomas Wayne Walker, Jayanni Elizabeth, Jayda Rasberry, Amber Evans, Dara Cooper, Yotam Marom.
Black Ideological Struggle Webinar
Black Ideological Struggle: Radical, Liberal, Conservative Public · Hosted by Sendolo Diaminah and Cazembe Jackson
Thursday, August 31, 2017 at 8:30 PM
Created for Black August Practice Group
- Join Sendolo Diaminah for a conversation about why Black radicals can and must learn how to effectively engage liberal and conservative ideologies among our people.
- September 2, 2017. Hey family! Here is the final recording from the Black August webinars! Sendolo Diaminah took lots of patience and creativity breaking down Black Ideological Struggle for us.
Those expressing interest on Facebook included D'atra Jackson.
D’atra Jackson is the Co-Director of Ignite NC, which cultivates young leaders in North Carolina through a fellowship for youth organizers. Dee Dee has a track record of building base-building organizations, facilitation, and crafting training curriculum. She was active in an organization called Dream Defenders, founding the FIU chapter. She is Co-Chair of the Black Youth Project 100: Durham chapter, and was an organizer for the action that tore down the confederate statue in August 2017.
Decrim Durham Election Forum
Sendolo Diaminah April 12 (2018).
Want to meet the candidates for sheriff and district attorney? Want to hear community folks ask them the questions we care about? Come through this saturday for our election forum co-hosted with SpiritHouse NC, All Of Us Or None NC, Southerners On New Ground and BYP100 Durham Chapter! Can't make it? Share it with your friends :)
Aiden Riley Graham, Aidil Ortiz, Nia Wilson, D’atra Jackson, Alec Greenwald, Carolina Alzuru, Carol Reiner-Yepez, Anna Duncan, Bennett D. Carpenter, Elainiel Baldwin, Bryan Proffitt, Hashim Benford, Osunfunke Omisade Burney-Scott, Mikel Barton, Courtney Sebring, Chanelle Croxton, Dove Kent, Danielle Purifoy, Raymond Eurquhart, Thaddaeus Allen Edwards, Tom Feltner, Felicia Arriaga, Gen Na, Magan Gonzales Thigpen, Holly Hardin, Kori Higgs, Jesse Huddleston, Mya Hunter, Undreya Hudson, Parker T. Hurley, Sufia Ikbal-Doucet, Jennifer Frye, Kimber Jean, Turquoise LeJeune Parker, LeAndre Demond Blakeney, Lisa McCool-Grime, Pierce Freelon, Quinton Harper, Quita Tinsley, Rodrigo Dorfman, Serena Sebring, Santos Flores, Matthew Sears, Seamus Robertson, Vernetta R. Alston.
NC Student Power Union activists
NC Student Power Union May 23, 2014 ·