Communist Workers League
Communist Workers League is a split from the Workers World Party.
Former members of Workers World Party from eight states gathered for a day-long national meeting in Detroit, Michigan, on September 2, 2018, to establish a new political formation in the United States called the Communist Workers League.
- As revolutionary communists we understand that it is the historic task of the multinational working class to overthrow capitalism. It is our job to bring an anti-capitalist perspective to the working class by intervening with programmatic demands which create a bridge between the day-to-day needs of the workers and oppressed, on the job and in their communities, and the socialist program of the revolution.
- We are joined together in our unconditional defense of the right of all oppressed nations to self-determination in the struggle against U.S. imperialism. This includes oppressed nations within the confines of the U.S. – African Americans, Latinx peoples, Arab peoples, Indigenous nations and colonized Puerto Rico. We fully defend all socialist countries against imperialist subversion and intervention, including Cuba, China, Vietnam and the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea, as well as progressive governments in Venezuela, Bolivia and elsewhere. We support the right of the Palestinian people to self-determination free from U.S.-backed and -funded Zionist genocide and occupation and for their right to return. We support the right of Syria, Yemen and Iran and all developing countries to exist without imperialist military intervention and political subversion.
- We stand with all those fighting racism and national oppression and defending full rights for all immigrants including undocumented workers. We fully oppose sexism, and gender and LGBTQ oppression, and see the roots of that oppression in the emergence of private property and class society.
- The comrades meeting today – young and old, Black, Arab, Asian, white and Latinx, women and LGBTQ comrades – are all committed revolutionary communists. We have led the fight against foreclosures, water shutoffs and the destruction of Detroit’s neighborhoods by finance capital; are housing, disability rights and labor activists from New York City; anti-police brutality fighters from New Jersey; anti-austerity organizers in Wisconsin and Illinois; and are active in anti-imperialist movements in the U.S and across the globe. One of our comrades led the support of the Cuban 5 in the reactionary bastion of Miami.
- The first step the Communist Workers League is taking will be the launching of a new revolutionary publication that will combine original theoretical articles, news, art, features and analysis of current events in the U.S. and internationally. We will also be streaming Marxism classes and coordinating literature and other media production that will bring a revolutionary program directly to the workers and oppressed.
- We understand that what is overdue in the U.S. is the formation of a mass Marxist-Leninist communist party. We are prepared to meet with any groupings, individuals or existing organizations who want to join with us in creating an alliance of forces that moves in the direction of forming a new communist party in the U.S.
- We have revolutionary optimism that this rotten capitalist system is in its death throes and look forward to collaborating with all those committed to its overthrow. We look forward to collaborating with young communists emerging across the U.S. in harnessing their revolutionary zeal into organizing the workers for revolution.
- Onward to the building of a Communist Party in the U.S. and the coming socialist revolution.
- Communist Workers League - Detroit
- Communist Workers League - NYC
- Communist Workers League - Rockford