Christopher Lasch was the author of "The Culture of Narcissism," "The Minimal Self" and other theoretical works on modern culture.
Body of Work
From Christopher Lasch's obituary from the New York Times:
- "In his wide-ranging books and essays, Mr. Lasch offered a leftist analysis of industrial capitalism and its effects on American politics, social arrangements, modes of thought and personal psychology. As a counterpoise to the alienation and despair he saw as pervasive in American life, he proposed a progressive program that, paradoxically, relied heavily on the values of community, family and self-discipline."
New Oxford Review
- An ecumenical monthly edited by lay Catholics, we've been characterized by George Will as " splendid," by the University of Chicago's Martin E. Marty as "lively," by the Los Angeles Times as " influential," by Newsweek as "thoughtful and often cheeky," by Utne Reader as "surprisingly original," by Library Journal as "brilliant," and by Christopher Derrick, England's foremost Catholic apologist, as " by far the best Catholic magazine in the English-speaking world."
- We publish Protestants, Catholics, Anglicans, Eastern Orthodox, Jews, and an occasional nonbeliever. Writers who've appeared in our pages include such diversely penetrating intellects as Robert Bellah, Christopher Lasch, Jean Bethke Elshtain, Daniel Bell, Robert Coles, Irving Howe, Walker Percy, Norman Lear, John Lukacs, J.M. Cameron, Henri Nouwen, Avery Dulles, Gordon Zahn, Will Campbell, Stanley Hauerwas, Richard Mouw, and Sheldon Vanauken . We bat around a wide variety of issues and defy easy ideological pigeonholing. We'll keep you on your toes! 
DSOC founding convention
The Democratic Socialist Organizing Committee founding convention Socialism'73 took place in New York City, October 12 and 13, 1973, at the Loeb Student Center, NY University and at the McAlpin Hotel.
- David Lewis, leader, New Democratic Party of Canada, "US economic imperialism".
- Michael Harrington
- Workshops on the unions, feminism, racial equality, Democratic Party, equality and Detente with David Selden, Rose Laub Coser, Doug Ireland, Michael Walzer, Bogdan Denitch, Christopher Lasch
- Panel on "socialism and the welfare state" with Irving Howe, Erazim Kohak, Norman Birnbaum.
- [http://www.nytimes.com/1994/02/15/obituaries/christopher-lasch-is-dead-at-61-wrote-about-america-s-malaise.html Christopher Lasch Is Dead at 61; Wrote About America's Malaise, accessed April 15 2017
-  Newsletter of the Democratic Left, October 1973, page 6