- 1 Political and business experience
- 2 Communist Party volunteers
- 3 Backing Brooks and O'Rourke
- 4 Meeting with Students from the Pennsylvania Student Power Network
- 5 Free College Campaign
- 6 Our Revolution endorsement
- 7 Netizen
- 8 Democratic Party
- 9 Drum Major Institute
- 10 Demos Involvement
- 11 PCN 2011 crew
- 12 John Meyerson connection
- 13 Braxton connection
- 14 Reclaim Philadelphia
- 15 2018 215 People’s Alliance endorsements
- 16 References
Chris Rabb is a consultant, writer and speaker focusing on the confluence of race/identity, media/technology, civic engagement and entrepreneurship.
He is a fellowwith Demos and a 2001 American Marshall Memorial Fellowship recipient, awarded by the German Marshall Fund of the U.S. Currently, Rabb is writing a book about modern American forces, tentatively entitled, Invisible Capital, which analyzes the often unseen forces that shape entrepreneurial opportunity in America.
Rabb is a graduate of Yale College and earned an M.S. in Organizational Dynamics from the University of Pennsylvania. He serves on the boards of the Applied Research Center (Oakland, CA) and the Bread & Roses Community Fund (Philadelphia, PA).
Political and business experience
From 1993-1995, Chris worked in the U.S. Senate and the White House Conference on Small Business where he focused on policies and legislation that impacted small businesses. From 1995 through 2001, Chris worked at Stono Technologies, LLC, a technology-based product design firm which he co-founded in his native Chicago. Upon moving to Philadelphia...
- Chris ran a nationally recognized non-profit-based business incubator and later set up a consultancy specializing in organizational productivity services targeting small businesses, start-up ventures, non-profits and select political campaigns.
Communist Party volunteers
Seth Oberman, Chris Rabb.
Backing Brooks and O'Rourke
Both Brooks and O’Rourke see their candidacies as part of a broader push to one day build a progressive majority on the city council, working together with progressive Democrats like Helen Gym to advance priorities including tax reform, affordable housing, tenants’ rights, and continuing to expand rights for retail and service workers. Both candidates are endorsed by progressive groups like the Philadelphia chapter of the Democratic Socialists of America, Unite HERE Philadelphia, Make the Road Action in PA, and Sunrise Movement’s Philadelphia chapter.
Meeting with Students from the Pennsylvania Student Power Network
- "We would like to extend a warm thank you to Rep. Chris Rabb for inviting us to his Holiday party this afternoon. PAstudentpower — attending Holiday Open House with Wingate Cashae"
Free College Campaign
- "CCP’s Pennsylvania Student Power Network charter had the pleasure of meeting with Rep. Chris Rabb about our Free College Campaign!
Our Revolution endorsement
In 1999, Chris Rabb founded Afro-Netizen, a pioneering, e-mail-based news and information aggregator for African Americans nationwide. Initially run as a civic avocation, Afro-Netizen has been formalized in its 10th year as a hybrid organization consisting of a for-profit enterprise (Afro-Netizen L3C) and non-profit corporation (Maroon Commonwealth, Inc.).
In 2006, Rabb was elected as a Democratic Party Committeeperson in his neighborhood of in northwest Philadelphia where he lives with his wife, law professor Imani Perry.
Drum Major Institute
PCN 2011 crew
Doyle Canning May 15, 2011:
John Meyerson connection
Chris Rabb, John Meyerson August 2018.
Chris Rabb is a friend of Amadee Braxton.
Reclaim Philadelphia November 7 2018:
We are also extremely proud of our other endorsed candidates who fought incredibly tough races. We didn't get the results we wanted but there is a progressive momentum from these races that cannot be undone! — with Joe Hohenstein for State Representative, Danielle Friel Otten for PA District 155, Elizabeth Fiedler, Chris Rabb for State Representative and James Roebuck, Jr.
2018 215 People’s Alliance endorsements
In 2018 215 People’s Alliance endorsed:
- Tom Wolf, Governor
- Bob Casey, US Senate,
- Jim Roebuck, Jr., 188th District
- Elizabeth Fiedler, 184th District
- Chris Rabb, 200th District
- Joe Hohenstein, 177th District
- Malcolm Kenyatta, 181th District.