- 1 GOTV
- 2 We've Carried The Rich For 240 Years! Let's Get Them Off Our Backs!
- 3 Forward Motion
- 4 Communist "Manifestivity"
- 5 AFSCME
- 6 Minnesota Coalition for a People’s Bailout
- 7 Statement of Solidarity with Activists Raided
- 8 2013 May Day celebration
- 9 Celebrate International Women's Day
- 10 "Minneapolis: Celebrate May Day - International Workers Day 2015"
- 11 FightBack! supporter
- 12 WFTU
- 13 References
Cherrene Horazuk is a Minnesota activist. She is the president of AFSCME 3800, the union of clerical workers at the University of Minnesota, and is also the former National Director of CISPES, the Committee in Solidarity with the People of El Salvador. She is a long-time labor and international solidarity activist and led a strike of 3000 workers, the vast majority of whom were women, at the U of MN in 2007. 
Elissa McBride October 28, 2018 ·
I spent a great weekend getting out the vote for pro-worker candidates with leaders from AFSCME Council 65 - Minnesota, North Dakota & South Dakota and AFSCME Council 5. Here is a photo of some awesome women leaders getting ready to head out on the doors. We are motivated and mobilized because #MidtermsMatter! — with Serena Vergin and Cherrene Horazuk.
We've Carried The Rich For 240 Years! Let's Get Them Off Our Backs!
We've Carried The Rich For 240 Years! Let's Get Them Off Our Backs! is the name of a 2016 Facebook group for folk to exchange views and memories of the Revolutionary Union/Revolutionary Communist Party/Revolutionary Workers Headquarters lineage of the '70s New Communist Movement.
- This group is for folks who were members of these groups or those who were “never actually in the RCP but I knew a lot of people who were.” Scholars, whether rigorous or casual, of the US left are also welcome.''
Members included Cherrene Horazuk
Individual endorsers of the event included Cherrene Horazuk.
As at June 15, 2010, Horazuk was the chief steward of American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees 3800.
Minnesota Coalition for a People’s Bailout
Circa September 19, 2009, Cherrene Horazuk signed a petition initiated by the Minnesota Coalition for a People’s Bailout entitled, Petition to Demand a People's Bailout which includes the statement, "Tax the rich, make them pay for their crisis!"
Statement of Solidarity with Activists Raided
The following statement was read and agreed upon at the community meeting at Walker Church, Minnesota on the evening of Friday, September 24, 2010. In the statement, the signatories call for the federal government to cease its investigation and accuses the U.S. government of engaging in terror tactics on a daily basis.
2013 May Day celebration
More than 50 people gathered Minneapolis May 3 2013 for a celebration to mark International Workers Day. The event was organized by Freedom Road Socialist Organization/FightBack!. In a festively decorated hall, the celebration began with a dinner and slide show that highlighted the struggles of the past year.
Deb Howze, of Freedom Road Socialist Organization/FightBack!, welcoming audience.Jess Sundin, a Twin Cities leader of FRSO, gave the opening speech. “This day, International Workers Day, is celebrated by the working class in every corner of the world. This great holiday, a communist holiday, is marked with protests and marches, and also with meetings and celebrations. It’s been more than 125 years since May Day began, and struggles by U.S. workers and our unions have won the eight-hour work day, the 40-hour work week, health and safety rules at work, the right to unionization, unemployment insurance, welfare and Social Security, minimum wage and much more. These things are threatened in workplaces and government halls every day.”
This year’s May Day celebration had a strong emphasis on the employed and unemployed sections of the working class. Mark Froemke, the president of West/Red River Valley Area Labor Council, talked about the heroic struggle waged by the workers who had been locked out at Crystal Sugar. More than $400 was raised for their support.
Joe Burns, author of an important book on the way forward for the labor movement, Reviving the Strike, talked about the key elements of class struggle unionism. Cherrene Horazuk, president of AFSCME Local 3800, spoke about attacks on public employees and the need for resistance. Angel Buechner and Ebony Harris of the Welfare Rights Committee gave a riveting account of the fight to raise public assistance grants.
Celebrate International Women's Day
Celebrate International Women's Day with Freedom Road Socialist Organization/FightBack! Sunday, March 8, 2015, Riverwest Public House Cooperative, Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
- Maria Hamilton (struggle against police and white vigilante violence)
- Cherrene Horazuk (labor)
- Luis Mora (immigrant rights)
- Tracey Pollock (socialism and women's liberation)
"Minneapolis: Celebrate May Day - International Workers Day 2015"
Sunday 26 April 2015, "Minneapolis: Celebrate May Day - International Workers Day 2015" organized by Freedom Road Socialist Organization/FightBack!. Location TBA.
Those indicating attendance on Wherevent included Katherine Elizabeth, Jessica Schwartz, Steph Ross Taylor, Christina Field, Doug Jadzia Sembla, Mary Padilla Cristobal Aldana, Alisha Olson, Kim DeFranco, Jess Sundin, Cassandra Hendricks, Cherrene Horazuk, Julia Russ, Zandra Dee , Loretta VanPelt, Tracy Molm, Hannan Ayoub, Khin Oo, Tracey Plk, Kim Smith, Hoda Isak, Alexandra Vagac, Laura Hoffman, Meredith Aby-Keirstead, Jessie Gavilanes, Amy Selvius, Penelope Mace, Beatriz Hernandez, Marisol Marquez, Laye Kwamina-Barry, Cory Eggert, Lion Ras, Kuntal Chatterjee, Andy Carhart, Sean Orr, Rahul Choudhury Boro, Andrew McNally, Cleveland Savage, Jesus Estrada-Perez, Julio Alberto Martinez, Fern Figueroa, Ryan A. Smith, Joshua Cromarty, Brad Sigal, Tim Nolan, Edward Hahn, Cody Gilbert, Timmy McDonough, Mick Kelly, Jigme Ugen, Manuel Berduc.
In 2016, Marie Dino, Loretta VanPelt, Brad Sigal, Kenneth W. Garnier, Mata Konechne, Mick Kelly, Meredith Allison, and Cherrene Horazuk were Minneapolis supporters of FightBack! News, the newspaper of Freedom Road Socialist Organization/FightBack!
- WhereEvent, Night School: A Woman's Place is in the Struggle!Sunday 8 March 2015, 18:00
- Mail Archive website: Communist Manifestivity Conference Schedule, Oct. 28, 1998
- Fight Back News: Standing up against budget cuts at the University of Minnesota, June 15, 2010, by Tracy Molm (accessed on Nov. 23, 2010)
- MN Coalition for a People's Bailout website: Petition, circa Sept. 19, 2009 (accessed on Oct. 5, 2010)
- ]http://www.fightbacknews.org/2013/5/5/freedom-road-socialist-organization-celebrates-may-day-2013-minneapolis FightBaack! Freedom Road Socialist Organization celebrates May Day 2013 in MinneapolisBy Mick Kelly | May 5, 2013]
- FB, Celebrate International Women's Day with Freedom Road Socialist Organization!
- Wherevent "Minneapolis: Celebrate May Day - International Workers Day 2015"
- FB News, U.S. labor leader Cherrene Horazuk speaks to World Federation of Trade Unions Congress By Cherrene Horazuk | October 8, 2016