Charles V. Bagli has been a reporter at The New York Times for more than 20 years, covering the intersection of real estate and politics. He has worked at the Brooklyn Phoenix, the Tampa Tribune, Daily Record and the New York Observer. He is the author of "Other People's Money; Inside the Housing Crisis and the Demise of the Greatest Real Estate Deal Ever Made.".
We've Carried The Rich For 240 Years!
We've Carried The Rich For 240 Years! Let's Get Them Off Our Backs! is the name of a 2016 Facebook group for folk to exchange views and memories of the Revolutionary Union/Revolutionary Communist Party/Revolutionary Workers Headquarters lineage of the '70s New Communist Movement.
- This group is for folks who were members of these groups or those who were “never actually in the RCP but I knew a lot of people who were.” Scholars, whether rigorous or casual, of the US left are also welcome.''
Members included Charles Bagli
The Radical Student Union first appeared at UMass Amherst in 1976 as the Revolutionary Student Brigade, which was founded by Charles Bagli, a Boston University graduate who had moved to Amherst to capitalize on the political momentum on campus.
In 1992 Founding Signers of Freedom Road Socialist Organization front Italian-Americans for a Multicultural United States were;
- Tom Albanese, Progressive Student Network, Cleveland Ohio
- Michael Alcamo, consumer advocate/writer New York City
- John Allocca, labor activist Boston
- Michael Allocca, corporate manager New York City
- Pasquale Amendolia, professor Hostos Community College New York City
- Tom Angotti, housing analyst New York City
- Charles Bagli, journalist New York City
- John Calderone, community organizer New York City
- Eric Canepa, musicologist New York City
- Susan Cangiani, public school teacherNew York City
- Michael Castellano, computer analyst New York City
- Bill Cavellini, community activist Boston
- Don Cavellini, community activist North Carolina
- Clare Damio, teacher New York City
- Kim DeFranco, social worker Cleveland Ohio
- George De Stefano, writer New York City
- Gil Fagiani, CSW social worker New York City
- Peter Gambaccini, journalist New York City
- Theresa Gentile Horvath, physicians assistant New York City
- Ann Langone, labor activist Boston
- John Rocco Lombardi, college professor New York City
- Cathleen Spadafore McGuire ecofeminist activist New York City
- Colleen Spadafore McGuire tenant attorney New York City
- Michael Musto, columnist Village Voice New York City
- Phillip Nobile, writer Village Voice New York City
- Lee Ornati, community activist New York City
- Ralph Palladino, hospital worker New York City
- Michael Parenti, political scientist, writer Washington DC
- Joan Reale, public school teacher New York City
- Vittorio Repetto, chiropractor New York City
- Paul Di Rienzo, journalist New York City
- Albert Russo, haircutter New York City
- Cynthia Savo, communications specialist New Haven Connecticut
- Loretta Domenica Sibilia reproductive rights activist Washington DC
- Michaelangelo Signorile, journalist
- Joseph Simonetti, social worker
- Juliet Ucelli,
Jon Levine is with Bill Fletcher, Jr. and 28 others - Richie Chevat, Francy Caprino, Ellie Gitelman Bagli, Mindy Gershon, Ajamu Dillahunt, Steve Backman, Dennis O'Neil, Martha Cameron, Glen Ford, Stan Goff, Sean Crimmins, Nat Turner Bender, Dave Blalock, James Carey, Larry Hamm, Sally Davidow, Bert Barao, Joe Fine, Bella August, Richard Cammarieri, Jeff Crosby, Sidney Brown, Carol Fine, Charles Bagli, Willa Cofield, Carmen Berkley.
September 14, 2016:
Thanks to Alfreda Coachman Daniels for sharing this 40 year old historic photo from a 1976 anti-busing rally in Boston. Shaun King, from whom Ms. Daniels shared this blast-from-the-past photo, commented "The American flag may represent freedom to you but it meant something else to this man."