Carl Winter of Michigan.
Arrested, Smith Act
Leading Communist Party USA members arrested under the Smith Act were;
- Benjamin J. Davis, Jr. – Chairman of the CPUSA's Legislative Committee and Council-member of New York City
- Eugene Dennis – CPUSA General Secretary
- William Z. Foster – CPUSA National Secretary (indicted; but not tried due to illness)
- John Gates – Leader of the Young Communist League
- Gil Green – Member of the National Board
- Gus Hall – Member of the CPUSA National Board
- Irving Potash – Furriers Union official
- Jack Stachel – Editor of the Daily Worker
- Robert G. Thompson – Lead of the New York branch of CPUSA
- John Williamson – Member of the CPUSA Central Committee
- Henry Winston – Member of the CPUSA National Board
- Carl Winter – Lead of the Michigan branch of CPUSA
Herbert Aptheker Testimonial Dinner
On April 28, 1966 Carl Winter was a sponsor of the Herbert Aptheker Testimonial Dinner. The dinner was held on the occasion of Herbert Aptheker's 50th birthday, the publication of his 20th book, and the 2nd anniversary of the American Institute for Marxist Studies. It was held in the Sutton Ballroom, The New York Hilton, Avenue of the Americas, 53rd to 54th Street, New York City. Most speakers, organizers and sponsors were known members or supporters of the Communist Party USA.
We Will Make Peace Prevail!
On March 28, 1982 the New World Review organized a gala luncheon "We Will Make Peace Prevail! Disarmament Over Confrontation, Life Over Death", at the Grand Ballroom, Hotel Roosevelt, New York City. Virtually all participants were identified as Communist Party USA.
Carl Winter was listed on the Committee of Sponsors.
- Dinner Program for the Herbert Aptheke Dinner, April 28, 1966
- We Will Make Peace Prevail! event brochure