Camilo Mejia is a former soldier to military resistance activist.
Fayetteville peace rally
The Fayetteville rally for peace was held on March 19th 2005.
- Lou Plummer, Military Families Speak Out, Fayetteville, NC
- Rev. Nelson Johnson, Civil Rights Activist, Greensboro, NC
- Kelly Dougherty, Co-Founder of Iraq Veterans Against the War, Colorado
- Thomas Barton, Shop Steward with Local 768, Heath Care Workers, AFSCME
- David Potorti, September 11th Families for Peaceful Tomorrows, Cary, NC
- Cindy Sheehan, Co-Founder of Gold Star Families for Peace, California
- Congresswoman Lynn Woolsey, California
- Stan Goff, Retired Special Forces Master Sergeant, Raleigh, NC
- Nancy Lessin and Charley Richardson, Co-Founders of Military Families Speak
- Shawn Cunningham, North Carolina Central University, Durham, NC
- Michael Hoffman, Co-Founder of Iraq Veterans Against the War, Pennsylvania
- Coalition of Immokalee Workers, Florida
- Rann Bar-On, International Solidarity Movement, Durham
- Ricanstruction, NYC
- Ed Whitfield, Steering Committee
- Michael McPhearson, Executive Director, Veterans for Peace
- Michael Berg, Father of Nick Berg, West Chester, PA
- Felicia Eaves, Black Voices for Peace, United for Peace and Justice
- Mendy Knott, NC Performance Poet, Asheville, NC
- Ajamu Dillahunt, Black Solidarity Against War, Raleigh, NC
- Kara Hollingsworth, Military Families Speak Out, Fayetteville, NC
- David Couso, brother of Slain Spanish Journalist Josi Couso
- Dante Zappala, brother of Army Sgt. Sherwood Baker, with family members.
- Ruba Nuwayhid, Progressive Student Alliance, UT/Knoxville
- Camilo Mejia, Iraq Vet, Conscientious Objector, Miami, Florida
- Kevin Lucey and Joyce Lucey, Military Families Speak Out, Massachusetts
- Dennis Kyne, Gulf War Vet, California
- Rev. Ralph Baldwin, Vietnam Veteran, Greensboro, NC
- Diedra Cobb, Conscientious Objector, Virginia
- Catherine Lutz, Author and Academic, Brown University
- Stephen Funk, Gulf War II war resister
- Chuck Fager, Quaker House, Fayetteville, NC
- Medea Benjamin, Global Exchange and Code Pink
- Patricia Roberts, mother of Army Spc. Jamaal Rashard Addison, killed in Iraq
- Jibril Hough, Islamic Political Party of America, Charlotte, NC
- Cynthia Brown, Community Activist, Durham, NC
- Wade Fulmer, Carolina Peace Resource Center, South Carolina
- Manju Rajendran, Organizers' Gathering and Spring Conference Coordinator
- Jimmy Massey, Iraq Veterans Against the War, Waynesville, NC
James Yee connection/Veterans for Peace
Camilo Mejia August 7, 2015
- With (former) Captain James Yee, with whom I share a military defense attorney. James, a former US Army chaplain, was persecuted for opposing the abuse of Guantanamo detainees in 2003. It's been a long wait, but I'm glad to finally have the privilege to meet him. He's a true inspiration! At Veterans for Peace 2015 in San Diego, CA.
Iraq Veterans Against the War
Camilo Mejia September 4, 2015 ·
- Iraq Veterans Against the War National Conference, September 2015. — with Maggie Martin, Jason Hurd, Aaron Hughes, Emily Yates, Robin Guthrie, Jose N. Vasquez, Michael Blake, Diedra Cobb, Siri Margerin, Malachi Muncy, Meike Schubert, Lisa Ling, Kelly Dougherty, Eli Wright, Matt Stys, Cassidy Regan, Matt Howard and Gina Bua at Ocoee Retreat Center.
Angela Davis event
Camilo Mejia December 17, 2015, ·
- Family reunion at the Angela Davis event, supporting Power U, Dream Defenders, and Critical Resistance. #angeladavismia — with Lisi Lau and Krystina François at Barry University.
Miami Workers Center supporters
Miami Workers Center - Tomorrow is #GiveMiamiDay! Now more than ever we need your contribution so we can keep working in 2017 to demand local policies that protect Miami's women, girls and femmes.
We need you! Starting tonight at midnight, please consider giving to the Miami Workers Center here: — with Nilu Choudhury, Tomas Kennedy, Cindy Wiesner, Julia Dawson, Serena Perez, Luisana Perez-Fernandez, Karla De Anda, Julia Daniel, Kathy Bird Carvajal, Gihan Perera, Hashim Benford, Marcia Olivo, Sarai Portillo, Camilo Mejia, Maria Rodriguez, Andrea Mercado, Daniela Saczek, Carla Hansack, Maria Asuncion Bilbao, Commissioner Daniella Levine Cava, Trenise Bryant, Natalia Jaramillo, Viviana Ivalo, Miami Girls Foundation and Move to End Violence.
Miami Climate Alliance
in 2017 Camilo Mejia joined the Miami Climate Alliance Steering Committee.
Miami Peoples Climate March
PLEASE SHARE: Join us for the People’s Climate March October 23rd at 1:00! http://bit.ly/miamipcm16 #ResilientMiami #PeoplesClimate #ActOnClimate — with Sam Van Leer, Rachel Collins, Drey Aradanas, Bruce Stanley, Glo Ruiz, Danielle Steele, Cynthia Selene Hernandez, Tomas Kennedy, Gladys Harlow, Natalia Arias, Jack Lieberman, Zelalem Negussie, Gabriel Garcia-Vera, Pablo Terraza, Becca Pelham, Camilo Mejia, Sarah Younger, Michelle Allen, David McDougal, Umi Selah, Andrea Nunez, Jason Dilan, Andrea Going Green, Elizabeth Marie Taveras, Pete Gonzalez, Kaydrianne Young and Alex Rosales.
Now What? Defying Trump and the Left's Way Forward
Now What? Defying Trump and the Left's Way Forward was a phone in webinar organized by Freedom Road Socialist Organization in the wake of the 2016 election.
- Now what? We’re all asking ourselves that question in the wake of Trump’s victory. We’ve got urgent strategizing and work to do, together. Join Ash-Lee Woodard Henderson of the Movement for Black Lives and Freedom Road, Calvin Cheung-Miaw, Jodeen Olguin-Taylor of Mijente and WFP, Joe Schwartz of the Democratic Socialists of America, and Sendolo Diaminah of Freedom Road for a discussion of what happened, and what we should be doing to build mass defiance. And above all, how do we build the Left in this, which we know is the only solution to the crises we face?
- This event will take place Tuesday November 15, 2016 at 9pm Eastern/8pm Central/6pm Pacific.
Those invited, on Facebook included Camilo Mejia.
Miami Workers Center December 13 2016 circulated a meme clalling for people to report "hate crimes"
- Please share! If you or someone you know has been the victim of a hate crime, threats or discrimination during or after the elections, please report it! Fill this survey is anonymous and confidential: http://bit.ly/MiedoenMiami
With Rosana Araujo, Dian Y. Alarcon, Maria Asuncion Bilbao, Ada Bermejo, Karla De Anda, Felix Espinal, Claudia Saucedo, Jonathan Fried, Carla Hansack, Natalia Jaramillo, Viviana Ivalo, Gabriel Garcia-Vera, Bertha Sanles Wilson, Mayte Canino, Bianka Nora, Ruth Chalono, Cynthia Selene Hernandez, Aidil Oscariz, Andrea Mercado, Cindy Wiesner, Kathy Bird Carvajal, Jersey Garcia, Maria Angelica Ramirez Barrera, Camilo Mejia, Charo Valero, Jacqui Carmona, Alana Greer, Elbert Garcia, United Families and Latina Comunica.
- ]http://www.grassrootspeace.org/fayetteville_rally_1.html Rally Against War - Fayetteville, NC - March 19, 2005]