Boris Kagarlitsky works as a senior research fellow at the Institute of Comparative Political Studies at the Russian Academy of Sciences. He is the author of The Thinking Reed, The Dialectic of Hope, and The Mirage of Modernisation. When in 1987-88 non-Communist Party political activities became legal, he was among the first leaders of the so-called "informal groups" – the Federation of Socialist Public Clubs and later a coordinator of the Moscow People's Front. In 1990 he was elected to the Moscow Soviet (provincial parliament) where he served until the coup in 1993 when local Soviets were dissolved. Boris Kagarlitsky has also been arrested twice for his activism, once in 1982 under Brezhnev, and in 1993 under Yeltsin.
Left Forum Advisory Board
In 2009 the Left Forum Advisory Board included Gilbert Achcar, Tariq Ali, Ashanti Alston, Anthony Arnove, Robin Blackburn, Barbara Bowen, Jack Bratich, Rose Brewer, Renate Bridenthal, Michael Brie, Stephen Brier, Stephen Eric Bronner, Paul Buhle, Joseph Buttigieg, Luciana Castellina, Angela Dillard, Stephen Duncombe, Hester Eisenstein, Barbara Epstein, Deepa Fernandes, Hector Figueroa, Harriet Fraad, Josh Freeman, Barbara Garson, Heather Gautney, Marvin Gettleman, Arun Gupta, Jack Hammond, David Harvey, Gerald Horne, Boris Kagarlitsky, Robin D. G. Kelley, Christine A. Kelly, Peter Kwong, Joanne Landy, Jesse Lemisch, Michael Lowy, Nivedita Majumdar, Manning Marable, Randy Martin, Liz Mestres, Susan O'Malley, Cathy Mulder, Leo Panitch, Christian Parenti, Thomas Ponniah, Barbara Ransby, Michael Ratner, Jan Rehmann, Gerardo Renique, Rainer Rilling, Colin Robinson, Nan Rubin, Roger Salerno, Stephen R. Shalom, Neil Smith, Richard Smith, Meredith Tax, Eleni Varikas, Victor Wallis, Joseph Wilson.
Socialist Scholars Conference 1990
The World Wide Struggles for Democracy
- Maria Helena Moreira Alves, Workers Party, Brazil
- Ruben Zamora, The Democratic Convergence, El Salvador
- Boris Kagarlitsky, Soviet Democratic Socialist Leader
- Joseph S. Murphy, Chancellor, City University of New York
- Daniel Singer, Author, Is Socialism Doomed?
One of the many workshops at the Manifestivity was;
LINKS Contributing editor
- Australia Pat Brewer, Dick Nichols, Stuart Munckton, Emma Murphy
- Belgium Francois Vercammen
- Brazil Dulce Maria Pereira
- Cuba Maria Elena Alvarez Acosta, Jesus Aise Sotolongo , Roberto Regalado Alvarez
- El Salvador Gerson Martinez
- France Alain Krivine
- Hungary Tamas Krausz
- Italy Rina Gagliardi
- Malaysia Jomo K. Sundaram
- Mexico Hector de la Cueva
- Nicaragua Alejandro Bendana
- Philippines Francisco Pascual
- Spain Jaime Pastor, Manuel Monereo Paurez
- South Africa Dale McKinley
- South Korea Won Young Su
- Russia Boris Kagarlitsky
- United States Manning Marable, Barry Sheppard
- Z Communications bio
- Second Annual Socialist Scholars Conference program.
- Mail Archive website: Communist Manifestivity Conference Schedule, Oct. 28, 1998
-  LINKS website, accessed May 27, 2010