Bob Baugh is an Oregon labor union leader.
Board of Directors
- Peter Abeyta - Hispanic Political Action Committee
- Alan Coogan - Portland Town Council
- Merris Sumrall
- Dick Celsi - Sec. Oregon Progressive Agenda
- Bob Baugh - Sec/Tres. Oregon AFL-CIO
- Dick Platt - Oregon League of Conservation Voters
- Director - Margot Beutler
Apollo Alliance honors Bob Baugh
In 2010 Bob Baugh, former secretary-treasurer of the Oregon AFL-CIO and current executive director of the national AFL-CIO Industrial Union Council, received the Apollo Alliance’s Right Stuff Award at its annual dinner last month in San Francisco. The award honors outstanding individuals whose work exemplifies the group’s mission to catalyze the new clean energy economy.
“Bob has had a life-long commitment to labor and the environment and has never believed in the false choice between jobs and the environment,” the Apollo Alliance said in presenting the award.
Baugh was honored along with Chandra Brown, president of United Streetcar of Clackamas, which produced the first American-made streetcar in 58 years. Workers there are members of Iron Workers Shopmen’s Local 516 and International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers Local 48.
“I was shocked and honored when I heard,” Brown told the Portland Business Journal. “I think the Apollo Alliance is a great organization. They’re doing a lot for the economy and job creation.”
- [DSA membership list, 11 4 83]
- PRO-PAC leaflet, circa 1983]
- NWLabor Press.org, December 3, 2010 Volume 111 Number 23]