Beth Foster serves as Chattanooga Organized for Action's Training Coordinator alongside her role as a board member. A former journalist spurred to the passion of activism by the Occupy Movement of 2011. As a graduate of Chattanooga Organized for Action's First Annual Justice School, Beth took her new organizing skills to organize Cleveland for a No Kill City, an animal right's organization that successfully reduced the cruel and needless killing of animals at her local animal shelter.
She went on to co-found the Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals of Bradley County, and through her efforts, the SPCA now operates a no-kill animal shelter.
Appalachian Transition Fellowship
Ash-Lee Henderson November 11, 2013 ·
TOMORROW! Be there! #spreadtheword — with Dominique Pennington, Miles Dougherty, Napoleon Williams, Karl Epperson, Patrick Kellogg, Baris Gursakal, Patricia Bazemore, Michael L. Feely, Shelley L. King, Jr., Michael Kelly, Dennis Milton Clark, Tenesha M. Irvin, Madeleine Dougherty, Angela Sweet, Brett Pike, Jason Hurd, Dwight Harrison, Rachel Rudi, Laurie Perry Vaughen, Willie McClendon, Rushelle Frazier, Terry Davis, Ann Law, Marcus Patrick Ellsworth, Beth Foster, Fr. Michael Cummins, Mark Gilliland, Jared Story, Cazembe Jackson, Valerie Radu, Landon Willaim Howard, Patricia Combs, Rebekah Mawuko, Taurus Hinton and Annika Hampton.
Chattanooga Organized for Action
- Michael Gilliland - Board Chair
- Tiffany Rankins - Vice-Chair
- Beth Foster - Training Coordinator
- Megan Hollenbeck - Co-Founder
- Gloria Griffith - Board Member
- Kate Sheets, Board Member
- Jefferson Hodge, Board Member
Now What? Defying Trump and the Left's Way Forward
Now What? Defying Trump and the Left's Way Forward was a phone in webinar organized by Freedom Road Socialist Organization in the wake of the 2016 election.
- Now what? We’re all asking ourselves that question in the wake of Trump’s victory. We’ve got urgent strategizing and work to do, together. Join Ash-Lee Woodard Henderson of the Movement for Black Lives and Freedom Road, Calvin Cheung-Miaw, Jodeen Olguin-Taylor of Mijente and WFP, Joe Schwartz of the Democratic Socialists of America, and Sendolo Diaminah of Freedom Road for a discussion of what happened, and what we should be doing to build mass defiance. And above all, how do we build the Left in this, which we know is the only solution to the crises we face?
- This event will take place Tuesday November 15, 2016 at 9pm Eastern/8pm Central/6pm Pacific.
Those expressing interest in attending, on Facebook included Beth Foster.