New Party builder
New Party News Fall 1994 listed over 100 New Party activists-"some of the community leaders, organizers, retirees,, scholars, artists, parents, students, doctors, writers and other activists who are building the NP" the list included Ben Bagdikian, author.
Media Democracy Legal Project
- Ben Bagdikian, Dean Emeritus, UC Berkeley School of Journalism
- Liane Casten, Chicago Media Watch
- Dan Fiske, National Coalition of Concerned Legal Professionals
- Dr. George Gerbner, Cultural Environment Movement
- Pam Kelly, Former Director, Unitarian Universalists for a Just Economic Community
- Paul Kurtz, Council of Secular Humanists
- Joan Levin, Chicago Attorney
- Mark Lloyd, Director, People for Better TV
- Dr. Robert McChesney, Univ. of Illinois
- Ward Morehouse, Program on Corporations, Law, and Democracy
- John Nichols, * Political Editor, The Nation
- Jeff Perlstein, * Executive, Media Alliance
- Professor Peter Phillips, Project Censored
- Jo Seidita & Nick Seidita, Alliance for Democracy
- Norman Solomon, FAIR
- Dr. Jerold Starr, Founder, Citizens for Independent Public Broadcasting
In 2007 Ben Bagdikian and Marlene Bagdikian were listed on the DataCenter's annual report as donors to the organization. The Oakland, California based DataCenter is widely regarded as the intellegence wing of the United States Left and has close ties to Cuba.
Open Letter to Obama on Iran
In 2008 Ben Bagdikian of Berkeley, CA signed an online petition “A Open Letter to Barack Obama on Iran”.