Baltimore Democratic Socialists of America
Baltimore Democratic Socialists of America is affiliated with Democratic Socialists of America.
Joshua Harris was endorsed by Baltimore Democratic Socialists of America in 2018.
DSA Targets Maryland Districts for Single Payer Canvassing
National Nurses United and other Democratic Socialists of America-affiliated groups held a "local barnstorming event" to generate support for single payer healthcare, "targeting the districts of Congressmen Dutch Ruppersberger (2nd), John Sarbanes (3rd), and Elijah Cummings (7th)."
- Join Healthcare NOW, the Baltimore Democratic Socialists of America and Healthcare is a Human Right for a local barnstorming event in conjunction with a national campaign organized by National Nurses United, Healthcare NOW, and other national organizations, to generate support for HR-676, National Improved Medicare for All, single-payer healthcare.
- The barnstorming is a special organizer training and strategy summit to kick off a week or two of focused canvassing to mobilize support for Medicare for All in the Baltimore area, targeting the districts of Congressmen Dutch Ruppersberger (2nd), John Sarbanes (3rd), and Elijah Cummings (7th). Don’t worry if you've never canvassed before - we’ve got you covered!
February 09, 2019 at 2pm - 3:30pm First Unitarian Church 1 W Hamilton St Baltimore, MD 21201 Attendees include:
- Come join us Sunday, Sept. 20 at 2 p.m. for an open house and kickoff event for the Baltimore chapter of the Democratic Socialists of America (DSA). Be a part of an interactive presentation designed to portray, shape, and frame the role and function of the DSA within the city of Baltimore for years to come. Learn how you can be a part of positively changing the social and political reality not only within the city of Baltimore, but within American society as a whole.
- The event is at Red Emma’s — bookstore, coffee house and home to radical civic engagement since 2002. At 30 W. North Avenue.
Baltimore DSA Executive Committee
The Greater Baltimore DSA Executive Committee, as of August 2017; 
Baltimore Democratic Socialists of America Closed Facebook Group
As of May 28, 2017;
More names had been added by June 30, 2017;
Baltimore DSA Projects Group
Baltimore Democratic Socialists of America Projects Group, closed Facebook group, accessed November 14 2017.
- William Suggs
- Julia Celtnieks
- Ian Schlakman
- Jonathan Bernhardt
- Phillip Clark
- Amy R. Boyd
- Stephen Thompson
- Ashley Gibson
- Dali Banwo
- Christie Rebsch
Greater Baltimore DSA April Meeting, Hosted by Baltimore Democratic Socialists of America
Sunday, April 23 at 2 PM - 4 PM EDT
The Baltimore Free School, 30 W North Ave, Baltimore, Maryland 21201
Invited on Facebook
- Karen Shoreman
- Shy Ridley
- Cas Baker
- Kazi Adi Shakti
- Colleen Daniels
- Shayna Rose
- Madeleine Monson-Rosen
- Linds P'rambs
- Richard E. Otten
- Frank Voso
- Jonathan Holtzman
- Noah Patton
- Nate Owen
- David Jeang
- Teri Henderson
- Matthew Bartlett
- Anton Woronczuk
- Eric Miller
- Bobby McHugh-Westfall
In late 1990, Baltimore DSA hosted a forum on "Alternatives to the War on Drugs." Speakers included Chuck Hollander, consultant on drug policy Richard Karel, journalist; and Eric E. Sterling, president, Criminal Justice Policy Foundation.
Baltimore DSA activists reported that they were attracting new members to DSA and working to reinvigorate the progressive community in the wake of the Persian Gulf war. The local sponsored a workshop on democratic socialism at the American Friends Youth Awareness program and were campaigning for union organizer Robert Simpson's bid for city council.
- [https://web.archive.org/web/20200221230719/https://www.hchrmd.org/baltimore_medicare_for_all_barnstorm BALTIMORE MEDICARE FOR ALL BARNSTORM accessed Feb 21 2020
- http://dsadc.org/back-in-charm-city-baltimore-dsa-launches-sept-20/BACK IN CHARM CITY: Baltimore DSA Launches Sept. 20The Washington Socialist <> Labor Day 2015]
- DEMOCRATIC LFFT 10 JANUARY- FEBRUARY 1990, page 13
- DEMOCRATIC LEFT MAY/JUNE 1991 p 14