Atlee McFellin, was in 2006 a 23 yo 2001 Lakeview High graduate, a one-semester student of Western Michigan University, an Albion College graduate and also is heavily involved in several Leftist organizations in the area, including the Kalamazoo Peace Center, the Progressive Community Alliance of Kalamazoo, United Students Against Sweatshops, the Kalamazoo Homeless Action Team and more. In February, he helped found the Michigan Peace Network, which is “a collection of about fifty peace and justice organizations around the state.” McFellin was almost unbelievably informed and involved in just about everything. He’s even had contact with original members of the Students for a Democratic Society, or SDS, which was one of the main proponents of the Free Speech Movement/Anti-Vietnam War movement of the 60s. All of McFellin’s various associations are very active and only gaining momentum as the November elections and even the 2008 presidential race nears.
Left Forum 2009
Politics of the Contemporary Student Left: Hope and Failures:
- Alexander L. Hanna, (Chair) - former organizer, United Students Against Sweatshops
- Atlee McFellin, New School Radical Student Union
- Pam Nogales, Platypus Affiliated Society
- C. J. Pereira Di Salvo, Former organizer, United Students Against Sweatshops
- Laurie Rojas-Arts, Journalism from The School of The Art Institute of Chicago.
- Board Co-Chair New Economy Network June 2011 – June 2013 (2 years 1 month)
- The Democracy Collaborative Strategy Development - Evergreen Cooperatives & Community Wealth Building
- The Democracy Collaborative February 2011 – November 2012 (1 year 10 months)
- American Sustainable Business Council Staff Associate - Strategy & Program Development
- American Sustainable Business Council April 2010 – January 2011 (10 months)
- Strategy Consultant Green For All November 2009 – April 2010 (6 months)