Asian American Advocacy Fund
The Asian American Advocacy Fund’s mission is to advocate for the civil and human rights of Asian Americans, Pacific Islanders, and Native Hawaiians in Georgia. Through a combination of policy advocacy at local, state, and federal levels, and by supporting candidates that believe in our values, we fight to create a better Georgia for us all.
Seed the Vote/2022 Midterms
Axccording to Larry Hendel:
When Seed the Vote formed in 2019, it was an experiment. No plans were made to maintain the organization after the presidential election. But last year they decided to keep the organization going at least through the midterms. Over the last year when the punditocracy was pronouncing that Democrats were destined to lose both the House and the Senate, STV rose to the challenge and started gearing up for the elections in battleground states. Part of the strength of this group is their perseverance and willingness to jump into the work.
UNITE HERE and STV are working together now in Nevada, Arizona and Pennsylvania. Additionally, STV is working again with LUCHA in Arizona; People's Action in Wisconsin; Pennsylvania Stands Up in Pennsylvania; New Georgia Project and the Asian American Advocacy Fund in Georgia ;and Durham for All in North Carolina. All these groups are based in communities of color and do year round community organizing as well as election work.
- Aisha Yaqoob Mahmood - Director
- E Lim - Program director
- Zainab Khan - Program coordinator
- Vinh Trinh - Program coordinator
- Sadiyah Ahmad - Communications and digital organizer
- Su Choe - Community organizer, Korean community
- Syeda Bano - Community organizer, south asian community
- Vu Anh Nguyen - Community organizer / pivot fellow
- Angie Tran - Community organizer / pivot fellow
- Hiba Rizvi - Gwinnett campaign organizer
- John Philavong - Administrative coordinator