Aramis Malachi-Ture Sundiata
Aramis Malachi-Ture Sundiata is People's Justice Project State Organizing Director at Ohio Organizing Collaborative. Former Community Organizer at Peoples Justice Project, worked at University District Freedom Schools. Lives in Columbus, Ohio
- Studied African History at The Ohio State University
- Went to Whetstone High School
Kucinich state organizing director
'Who Killed Travyon'
Stuart Desmond McIntyre July 31, 2013; ·
- Fantastic 'Who Killed Travyon' mass meeting last night at Mt. Olivet Baptist Church. I could feel the collective outrage and the collective conviction pulsing through the room. Ohio Student Association Molly Shack, James Hayes, Aramis Malachi-Ture Sundiata, Amber Evans, Natalie Yoon, Heather Otto, Ani Mwalimu, Clint Elmore...
October 4, 2013, as soon as the Zimmerman verdict came through, Ohio Student Association jumped into action. Ohio legislators had just introduced Stand Your Ground in Ohio, and they were putting on the fast-track.
- We organized a 500 person mass meeting > took 20 young leaders to DC for the MOW > hosted 3 organizing workshops on Power, Story of Self, and Non-vio...
With Stuart Desmond McIntyre, Alli Rigel, Nish Collins, MarShawn McCarrel, Natalie Yoon, Molly Shack, James Hayes, Amelia Hayes, Nakeya Walker, Malaya Lynch, Ed Bates, Ariel Miller, Alwiyah Shariff, Jennifer Sconyers, Aramis Malachi-Ture Sundiata, Prentiss Haney, Amaha Sellassie, Rachel Lee, Aricka Janay, Aliya Rahman and Joel Solow.
Ohio Student Association
January 2014, more than 50 young people from all across the state came to Columbus for the 1st retreat of the Ohio Student Association fellowship for Community Change. — with Stuart Desmond McIntyre , Emily Maher, Kelsey Deann, Stephanie J-Monay Yorgensen, Ilhan Dahir, Alwiyah Shariff, Aramis Malachi-Ture Sundiata, Geniro Dingle, Ryan Javery, Ronnette Jackson-Doane, Meg Hofmann, Molly Shack, James Hayes, Amelia Hayes, Malaya Lynch, Ariel Miller, Rachael Collyer, Renee Hagerty, Prentiss Haney, Megan Nicolle, Aricka Janay and Joel Solow.
Freedom Summer 2014
Amaha Sellassie June 7, 2014 ·
- With Audrianna Melisa Milton, Christa Preston Agiro, Molly Shack, Anoop Chunchu, Heather Atkinson, Stuart Desmond McIntyre, Mariah Johnson, Jarvis E. Clark, Malaya Lynch, Darsheel Kaur, Senya Oji-Njideka, Kip Holley, DaMareo Cooper, Mike Tyler, Richard Clay Dixon, Sistufara W. Muhammad, Christy Rogers, Ash-Lee Woodard Henderson, Rachel Lee, Megan Nicolle, Prentiss Haney, Criss Wilson, Cee Deezy, Anthony Brookshire, Kenneth A. Graham, Erica R. Bruton, Jacob Bauer, Christina Rowena, Brandon A. Whitehorn, Jamaica Siroky, Carl CJ Foster, Jovan Webster Tejumade, Alyssa Norman, Allante Booker, James Hayes, Mark Gavin, Sr., Erica Fields, Ndidi Achebe, Aramis Malachi-Ture Sundiata, Aricka Janay, Erin Evans, John Rogers, Marlon Shackelford and Joel Solow.
Ohio Organizing Collaborative June 26, 2016.
Helping Morgan Harper
Tammy Alsaada, a top organizer with the Columbus-based People's Justice Project, said that when Harper announced, political figures from around the city called to see what they could find out. “This was really surprising to a lot of folks,” she said. “I’ve been getting a lot of calls from folks saying, ‘Did I know this was happening?’”
Alsaada said that one of the group’s co-founders, Aramis Sundiata, was supporting the Harper campaign, but that she herself was taking a wait-and-see attitude and planned to meet with her soon. Neither Beatty nor Harper have been outspoken yet on policing, she said, which, along with community investment, is the issue she hears about most from the public.