Washington Peace Center award
On December 8, 2010, the Washington Peace Center hosted their 6th Annual Activist Awards Grassroots Gala, at All Souls Church and" celebrate the hard work and successes of DC activists in creating a more just and peaceful world." IPS takes pride that our very own Marc Raskin is one of the recipients of this year's Activist Award! Join us for the activist party of the season!
The awardees were:
- Marcus Raskin, Institute for Policy Studies
- April Goggans, Marbury Plaza Tenants Association
- Ayize Sabater, MOMIES, TLC (Mentors of Minorities in Education's Total Learning Cis-Tem)
- Ayo Handi-Kendi, African American Holiday Association
- Cheryl Barnes, National Coalition for the Homeless
- Isaiah Toney, DC Jobs with Justice and GW student
- Johnny Bairnes, ACLU of the National Capitol Region
- Mike Marceau, Veterans for Peace and Montgomery Peace Action
- Rosa Lozano, CASA de Maryland
- Walda Katz-Fishman, DC Metro Social Forum and Howard University
Report on a May 2018 delegation of US trade unionists, Black Lives Matter, and other social movement activists to trade unions in Korea, sponsored by US Labor Against the War and the Korean Trade Union Confederation.
Labor Network for Sustainability (LNS) executive director Michael Leon Guererro reports on a delegation of US trade unionists, Black Lives Matter, and other social movement activists to trade unions in Korea, sponsored by US Labor Against the War and the Korean Trade Union Confederation.
Delegates included April Goggans.