Anthony Brown (MD)
Anthony Brown won Maryland Congressional District 4 in 2016.
In 2017 Anthony Brown was a new member of the Congressional Black Caucus.
“For more than 20 years, CAIR has distinguished itself as an effective civil rights organization by seeking to advocate for justice for American Muslims and improve our country’s understanding of Islam.”
Rep. Anthony G. Brown (D-Md.) (October 2017).
Medicare For All Congressional Caucus founders
In August 2018 Medicare For All Congressional Caucus founding members included Representative Anthony Brown (MD).
Medicare for All Act
In February 2019 Rep. Pramila Jayapal introduced H.R.1384 - Medicare for All Act of 2019. By May 29 she had 110 co-sponsors including Rep. Anthony Brown (MD).
NIAC Applauds Khanna-Gaetz Amendment
Press release Friday July 12, 2019: CONTACT: Mana Mostatabi.
- WASHINGTON DC – Moments ago, the U.S. House of Representatives voted to pass a bipartisan amendment from Reps. Ro Khanna (D-CA) and Matt Gaetz (R-FL) to bar funding for an unauthorized war with Iran. The amendment passed with a final vote count of 251-170. The Khanna-Gaetz amendment was offered as part of the National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) and builds on the momentum from last month’s Senate vote on the Kaine-Udall amendment, which also would have also blocked the Trump administration from launching an unauthorized war with Iran.
- In response to the passage of the Khanna-Gaetz amendment, NIAC Action President Jamal Abdi issued the following statement:
- “The House of Representatives should be applauded for its vote today to stop an unauthorized war with Iran before it starts, and we call on the Senate to follow suit. With the passage of the amendment from Representatives Ro Khanna and Matt Gaetz, legislators moved one step closer to pulling the U.S. back from the edge of a war that the American people do not want and that Congress has never authorized. With nearly all of the 2020 presidential candidates calling for the U.S. to return to the Iran nuclear deal, and now with the House passing the Khanna-Gaetz amendment, a bipartisan consensus against the Bolton-Pompeo approach to Iran has clearly emerged.
- “The Iranian-American community and the broader American public know that war with Iran would be a disaster. That’s why a majority in the House and Senate now are on the record voting for provisions to rule out an unauthorized war with Iran. It is imperative that legislators ensure that the final defense authorization bill includes the Khanna-Gaetz amendment.
“We applaud Reps. Khanna and Gaetz for their leadership. Without the help of Chairmen Eliot Engel, Adam Smith and Jim McGovern as well as Reps. Anna Eshoo, Seth Moulton, Anthony Brown, Barbara Lee and countless Americans who spoke out against war with Iran, this vote would not have been possible.”
- [https://www.cair.com/images/pdf/What-They-Say-About-CAIR.pdf What They Say About CAIR (October25 2017)
- [https://www.niacaction.org/niac-applauds-house-for-pulling-u-s-back-from-the-brink-of-war-with-iran-via-khanna-gaetz-amendment/?fbclid=IwAR3KhbdPErEZYJTKKMiZPzo0FrFvnqph0ivvChuTWTXijFEpK0ECT7GVPqc NIAC press release. NIAC Applauds House for Pulling U.S. Back from the Brink of War with Iran via Khanna-Gaetz Amendment FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: Friday July 12, 2019 CONTACT: Mana Mostatabi]