Annabel Vera is a Sacramento activist.
Sacramento DSA for Bernie
Sacramento DSA for Bernie newsletter April 12 2020:
Last, though, I want to thank you. We did incredible work on the Sacramento DSA for Bernie campaign, reaching thousands of people, signing up hundreds of people, and getting out the vote in Sacramento for Bernie. I want to thank my co-chairs Sam Greenup [emeritus], Bryan Reese, and Andres Estebanez, and our members who really stepped up to do the hard work, leading canvasses, especially Andrea Arnott, Dov Salkoff, Peter Lucas, Jonah Paul, Micaela Vazquez, Seth Strumwasser, Annabel Vera, Maddie Beck, Michael Lucas, Johnny Lucas, Alyssa De La Rosa, Will Fayer, Kelsey Brewer, Harjit Singh Gill, and everybody else who showed up!
DSA Healthcare Rally
Phillip Kim with Shane Brinton and David Roddy, Jonah Paul, .Annabel Vera, Shirley Toy, Ellen Mack, April Ford, Mel Ody, David Hildebrand, Alyssa De La Rosa, Ian Lee, Andee Sunderland, Eric Sunderland, Sandra Delgadillo Kearns, Russell Rawlings.
April 11 2017· Sacramento, CA ·
- Mark your calendar for Wed. April 26, 11am! Sacramento Rally & Senate Health Cmte Hearing-SB 562's 1st Vote! If you support single payer / healthcare for all, we need hundreds of people there to make sure that the Senate Health Committee votes in favor of SB.
Annabel Vera was 2017 Secretary of Sacramento Democratic Socialists of America.
DSA Facebook group
Members of the California Democratic Socialists of America, statewide Facebook group, as of October 10, 2017 included Annabel Vera.
Socialist Punk Caucus
"Wholesome Meme Stash"
Members of the Democratic Socialists of America Wholesome Meme Stash closed Facebook group, accessed November 14, 2017 included Annabel Vera.
DSA in CDP member
DSA NPC meeting
Democratic Socialists of America National Political Committee Minutes of Meeting of July 21-22, 2018.
Approved August 13, 2018. Present: Ravi Ahmad, Ajmal Alami (Young Democratic Socialists of America Coordinating Committee), Theresa Alt, Dele Balogun, Christian Bowe, Allie Cohn, Zac Echola, Michelle Fisher (Young Democratic Socialists of America Coordinating Committee), Lisa Flores (Administrative and Office Coordinator), Jeremy Gong, Ella Mahony, Chris Maisano, Natalie Midiri, Chris Riddiough, Frances Rizo (Parliamentarian), R.L. Stephens, Maria Svart (National Director). Present by phone: Catherine Hoffman. Absent and excused: Joseph Schwartz. Visiting: from the Steering Committee of the Democratic Socialist Labor Commission (DSLC): Francisco Cendejas, Spencer Cox, John Kaderbek, Marsha Niemeijer, John Pearson, Paul Prescod, Meredith Schafer, Kari Thompson, Annabel Vera; also Austin Binns, and DSA member from Washington: Aaron Marks, Annie Shields (The Nation), Melissa Woods, Paula Brantner (by phone).
Structure of DSLC
In 2019 the Democratic Socialist Labor Commission is headed by a nine-person elected Steering Committee. Members of the current Steering Committee are:
- Francisco Cendejas, Los Angeles, union staffer representing healthcare workers
- Spencer Cox, Seattle, unrepresented labor activist in the private logistics industry
- JP Kaderbek, Chicago, rank-and-file union member in the private sector
- Marsha Niemeijer, New York City, union staffer representing healthcare workers
- John Pearson, East Bay, rank-and-file union member in public sector healthcare
- Paul Prescod, Philadelphia, rank-and-file union member in public education
- Meredith Schafer, Metro DC & Northern Virginia, union researcher in building trades and transportation
- Kari Thompson, Pittsburgh, union staffer representing workers in Labor and Education
- Annabel Vera, Sacramento, rank-and-file union member in the public sector
At this time, the DSLC is further organized into five subcommittees: Education; Leadership Development; Mapping; Organizing the Unorganized; and Communications.