Anna Throne-Holst is running to replace Representative Lee Zeldin (R) in New York’s 1st Congressional District..
In 2016 Anna Throne-Holst was supported by Council for a Livable World.
- Throne-Holst served as Town Supervisor of Southampton on Long Island for six years. Before that, she served for two years as a Southampton Town Board member.
- She holds a Master’s degree in Public Administration and International Affairs, previously worked at the U.N. Department of Peacekeeping and is fluent in five languages.
- Throne-Holst strongly believes that it is one of the nation’s top national security priorities to promote, “Coalition building and continued response to regions affected by the escalating threat of military terrorism and humanitarian crises.” She says the U.S. can and should make smart, effective decisions on Pentagon spending and cut the waste in the Pentagon budget.
- Throne-Holst advocates new nuclear weapons reductions negotiations with Russia, fully funding programs to secure loose nuclear materials vulnerable to theft by terrorists, and ratification of the Comprehensive Nuclear Test Ban Treaty. Furthermore, Throne-Holst strongly advocates reducing the size and cost of the U.S. nuclear arsenal and promoting diplomatic solutions to global issues.
- Throne-Holst is a strong backer of the Iran nuclear agreement.