Supported Communist Party call
Endorsers of the call included Angelo Deitos, Detroit, MI.
Communist Party Labor Day call
Of the more than 100 endorsers listed, almost all were identified members of the Communist Party USA.
Christopher Alston Memorial
In May 1995 the Communist Party USA Newspaper, People's Weekly World published a memorial to Christopher Alston. It was endorsed by several signatories, mainly identified members of the Michigan Communist Party USA. The list included Angelo Deitos.
Memorial to Coleman Young
Signatories to the memorial included Angelo Deitos.
Honoring Eve Neidelman
On September 4, 1999, Angelo Deitos added his name to the below greeting, in the September 4, 1999, Labor Day Supplement of People's Weekly World, Page F.
- Eve Neidelman 1902-1999 - "We honor a life devoted to the American Working Class and its Trade Unions. A promoter of Art and Artists, and a strong believer in Socialism. May her memory serve as an inspiration.
People’s Weekly World fundraising events around the country 2007 showed the strength and vitality of the progressive movement.
In Detroit, friends of the PWW came together to honor Angelo Deitos, Ruth Goldman, Dave Moore, Quill Pettway, Carl Reinstein and Stella Reinstein and Ethel Schwartz, seven longtime heroes whose lives are part of the history of the city. Collectively the seven were involved in the Ford Hunger March, the organization of the UAW, the National Negro Labor Council, fought against segregation, repression and have led lives dedicated to the fight for peace.
Among those paying tribute were Detroit City Councilwoman JoAnn Watson; Mike Kerwin, a leader of the Michigan Labor History Society; Elena Herrada, the director of Southwest Detroit’s Centro Obrero; Steve Noffke from Local 600 UAW and Erica Smiley, the chair of the Young Communist League.
- PWW, May Day Supplement May 2, 1992
- People's Weekly World Sep 2 1995 p 14
- PWW May Day Supplement, May 6 1995, Page F.
- http://www.peoplesworld.org/saluting-the-people-s-struggle-and-the-pww/ PW, Saluting the peoples struggle and the PWW by: Dan Margolis December 21 2007]