- Since the 1970s I have believed that American capitalism cannot continue on its present path without gravely damaging both humanity & nature. I look to DSA, over time, to show the way to a just democratic and sustainable future.
Metro-DC DSA steering committee
Metro-DC DSA elected a new steering committee at its May 2015 membership meeting, a roughly annual turnover with continuity. Returning were committee members Jose Gutierrez (co-chair), Andy Feeney, Ingrid Goldstrom, Bryan Kovalick and Kurt Stand. Returning also is former SC member Dr. Carolyn Byerly. New to the SC was Jonathan Phipps, a national member and activist living in suburban Baltimore who said he will spend considerable time getting a covalent Baltimore-area local under way with support from both national DSA and the Metro-DC local.
Backing Bernie Sanders
Democratic Socialists of America members canvassed with fliers for the Bernie Sanders campaign at the Takoma Park Maryland Farmers Market in August 2015. They were Bill Mosley, Andy Feeney, Ingrid Goldstrom, Kameron Burt, Carlos McKnight, Woody Woodruff and Merrill Miller.
2017 DSA leadership
- Racial Justice and Anti-Bigotry Committee - Ernest Bailey
- Economic Justice Committee - Austin Kendall
- Climate Change and Environmental Justice Committee - Andy Feeney
- Socialist Feminism Committee - Rachel Paneth-Pollak
- Events and Logistics Committee - Zach Maril
- Communications Committee - Woody Woodruff