- Studies Cultural anthropology at University of Oregon
- Studied Political science at Indiana University–Purdue University Fort Wayne
- Studied Fine Art Painting at College for Creative Studies
- Went to Cental Noble
- Went to Milo Academy
- Worked at Peoples World
- Former Call Center at The Active Network
- Former Sales at Teavana
- Worked at Target
The March 2014, gathering of 328 college and graduate students from across the nation in Washington DC, at the 45th annual "Grassroots Legislative Conference," hosted by the United States Student Association , which has strong ties with the labor movement, could be called nothing short of a "tour de force" in youth activism. "LegCon" is designed to train students in congressional lobbying.
The students at LegCon have taken charge of their social movement like it is the fight of their lives, and indeed it is. Andrea Perkins is one such student at University of Oregon, completing her studies off campus in Chicago. Perkins is an indigenous youth leader and activist, representing the Idle No More movement and the Young Communist League.
Perkins says that her home community of the Chinook Nation of Oregon and Washington has "had it up to here" with capitalist profiteering at the expense of human health and well-being. The Keystone XL pipeline is slated to run straight through the backyards, and even the houses, of thousands of first nations peoples living on reservations.
Perkins made a presentation explaining as much at LegCon. Already the damage done by tar sands extraction and fracking have rendered indigenous lands, in square miles larger than the size of England, uninhabitable across the U.S. and Canada (though indigenous children and families without other options continue to live in these toxic environments).
David Bender May 31, 2013 ·
African American Equality Commission
Communist Party convention
Many have voiced outrage over the selective coverage being given by the media to the Standing Rock issue. “It’s 2016. The Cleveland “Indians” are in the World Series. What Indians do you think people were talking about this weekend?” said Andrea Perkins, member of the Chinook and Haida Nations, and Chicago-based activist. “Well it wasn’t the 141 Indigenous peoples that were attacked for protecting the land and water. That’s for sure. Real Natives’ lives are in danger.”
New member phone bank
New member phone bank Public · Hosted by Communist Party USA.
Saturday, April 15, 2017 at 11 AM - 4 PM EDT
Your living room
- We're organizing a phonebank to our new members on Saturday and we need your help. The callfire service allow you to make the calls from home, using your smartphone, laptop or deskstop. You'll get a real charge from talking to them! Aint' nuthin like it!! Please click "going" if you can make calls! Thanks!
Those invited to participate on on Facebook included Andrea Perkins.
National Party Building Conference
Saturday, November 11, 2017 at 12 PM – 6 PM EST
Join Communist Party activists and members in a national conference. You can register here https://tinyurl.com/ycdouk3y
The conference will take place November 11th to 12th to plan our work in the fight against the Trump Administration and its white supremacist ruling class backers. Find information here about how to participate. http://www.cpusa.org/2017-national-party-building-conference-resist-organize-vote-grow/
The conference will be streamed from Chicago to regional meetings in New Haven, Los Angeles, and Orlando. Whether you’re on the East Coast, West Coast, in the MIdwest or the South, you’ll be able to participate.
Those indicating interest on Facebook for the event included Andrea Perkins.
- PW. Debt, climate change, immigration top student agenda LISA BERGMANN march 25 2014
- [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vgUBoTeH9U&feature=youtube_gdata_player People's History!!! HaymarketYCL]
- American Equality Commission Communist Party USA FaceBook group. accessed July 10, 2015
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOLxUA2gYNY&feature=youtu.be&a Youtube, The Future at Stake: The Environment Is Basic Communist Party USA Streamed live on Jun 14, 2014]
- PW, Encampment at Standing Rock cleared, over 140 arrested October 28, 2016 8:18 AM CST BY MICHELLE ZACARIAS