Ana Campa Castillo
Ana Campa Castillo has been an illegal immigration activist since 2012. She is a married mother of two children.
Ana Campa Castillo "serves as vice-president of Latinos Unidos, a large campus organization. She works part time at Trinity Services, an agency that offers services to persons with disabilities and mental illness.
Castillo also has been involved in the Spanish Community Center and the Southwest Suburban Immigrant Project. The organizations host DACA workshops, citizenship classes, connect immigrants with resources, and stage rallies."
2018 State of the Union Address
Several DACA recipients, including Ana Campa Castillo, were invited to President Trump's 2018 State of the Union Address:
- Kamala Harris brought Denea Joseph, communications coordinator for the UndocuBlack Network.
- Oregon Sen. Ron Wyden brought Daysi Bedolla.
- Florida Rep. Carlos Curbelo brought Adrian Escarate.
- Illinois Rep. Bill Foster brought Ana Campa Castillo.
- Virginia Rep. Gerry Connolly brought Nicolle Uria.
- Oregon Rep. Earl Blumenauer boycotted the event, but sent Aldo Solano.
- Oregon Rep. Jeff Merkley brought Leonardo Reyes.
- Oregon Rep. Suzanne Bonamici brought Miriam Vargas Corona.
- Oregon Rep. Kurt Schrader brought Juan Carlos Navarro.
- New York Rep. Nita Lowey brought Hugo Alexander Acosta Mazariego.
- Kentucky Rep. John Yarmuth brought Leo Salinas Chacon.
- California Rep. Judy Chu brought Jung Bin Cho.
- New Jersey Sen. Cory Booker brought Elizabeth Vilchis
DACA recipients and illegal immigration advocates include: Karen Bahena (DACA recipient), Jessica Chilin-Hernandez (Salvadoran TPS holder), Cindy Garcia (wife of deported Jorge Garcia), Aldo Solano (Dreamer), Viviana Andazola Marquez (father was detained by ICE), Hugo Alexander Acosta Mazariego (Dreamer), Nicolle Uria (Dreamer), Leonardo Reyes, (Dreamer), Jung Bin Cho (Dreamer), Nery Martinez (TPS holder), Leo Salinas Chacon (Dreamer), Antonio Valdovinos (Dreamer who was denied entry to the U.S. Marine Corps), Diego de la Vega (Dreamer and congressional intern), Edenilson Granados (TPS holder), Denea Joseph (UndocuBlack Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals recipient), Adrian Escarate (Dreamer), Ana Campa Castillo (Dreamer), Amy Gottlieb (wife of detained immigration activist Ravi Ragbir), Elizabeth Vilchis (DACA recipient), Itayu Torres (DACA recipient), Christian Castaneda (DACA recipient), Melody Klingenfuss (DACA recipient), Leticia Herrera-Mendez (DACA recipient), Leslie Martinez (DACA recipient), Anarely Marquez (DACA recipient), Cesar Montelongo (DACA recipient), Gabriela Hernandez (DACA recipient), Esder Chong (DACA recipient), Dalia Medina (DACA recipient), Ivonne Orozco-Acosta (DACA recipient), Nelson Melgar (DACA recipient), America Moreno Jimenez (DACA recipient), Bennet Omalu (immigrant from Nigeria, who discovered Chronic Traumatic Encephalopathy), Brandon Judd (president of the National Border Patrol Council), Jean Bradley Derenoncourt (Brockton City Council member, immigrant from Haiti, who recently became a U.S. citizen).
- [http://www.chicagotribune.com/suburbs/daily-southtown/news/ct-sta-foster-invites-jjc-student-st-0130-20180129-story.html , Accessed January 30 2018
- [http://people.com/politics/democrats-dreamers-guests-trump-state-of-the-union-address/ These Democrats Are Bringing 'Dreamers' to President Trump's State of the Union Address, Accessed January 30 2018
- [https://www.harris.senate.gov/news/press-releases/senator-harris-to-bring-california-undocublack-daca-recipient-to-state-of-the-union Senator Harris to Bring California UndocuBlack DACA Recipient to State of the Union, Accessed January 30 2018
- [https://twitter.com/SenBooker/status/958047061554933765, Accessed January 30 2018
- [http://fortune.com/2018/01/30/guests-attending-trumps-state-union-address/ Here Are the Notable Guests Attending Donald Trump's State of the Union Address, Accessed January 30 2018