Ear to the Ground Project
- We would like to express our deep respect and appreciation for everyone who took the time to talk with us, and the organizations that generously hosted us during our travels. Interviews were confidential, but the following people have agreed to have their names listed for this publication:
Most of those listed were connected to Freedom Road Socialist Organization.
Amisha Patel was among those on the list. 
Solidarity Summer School 2015
Solidarity Summer School 2015 workshop;
The Revolution Will Not Be Funded: Grassroots Organizing and Non-Profits
- In their 2007 book, The Revolution Will Not be Funded, INCITE: Women of Color Against Violence presented a collection of essays that raised an alarm about the “non-profit industrial complex” which, they argued, posed clear and present dangers to grass-roots organizing projects. Yet, community-based non-profit organizations, from workers’ centers to immigrant rights and environmental justice groups, are organizing some of the most exciting struggles and taking on the most pressing issues facing working-class people. This workshop will be an opportunity for participants to confront the challenges that INCITE has posed and to identify the organizational and strategic elements of transformative organizing work.
- Steve Williams (LeftRoots - San Francisco Bay Area)
- Lucia Lin (LeftRoots - San Francisco Bay Area)
- Viviana Moreno (Little Village Environmental Justice Organization - Chicago, IL)
- Amisha Patel (Grassroots Collaborative - Chicago, IL)