Adrian Escarate is an illegal immigration activist.
Adrian Escarate was three years old when he arrived in Miami from Santiago, Chile with his parents and older brother.
- "The family overstayed their tourist visas and never tried to establish permanent residency. This was in the 1990s when life was manageable for undocumented immigrants. Escarate’s parents were able to get their driver’s licenses and enroll their kids in school. The family assimilated easily into Miami’s large Hispanic community."
2018 State of the Union Address
Several DACA recipients, including Adrian Escarate, were invited to President Trump's 2018 State of the Union Address:
- Kamala Harris brought Denea Joseph, communications coordinator for the UndocuBlack Network.
- Oregon Sen. Ron Wyden brought Daysi Bedolla.
- Florida Rep. Carlos Curbelo brought Adrian Escarate.
- Illinois Rep. Bill Foster brought Ana Campa Castillo.
- Virginia Rep. Gerry Connolly brought Nicolle Uria.
- Oregon Rep. Earl Blumenauer boycotted the event, but sent Aldo Solano.
- Oregon Rep. Jeff Merkley brought Leonardo Reyes.
- Oregon Rep. Suzanne Bonamici brought Miriam Vargas Corona.
- Oregon Rep. Kurt Schrader brought Juan Carlos Navarro.
- New York Rep. Nita Lowey brought Hugo Alexander Acosta Mazariego.
- Kentucky Rep. John Yarmuth brought Leo Salinas Chacon.
- California Rep. Judy Chu brought Jung Bin Cho.
- New Jersey Sen. Cory Booker brought Elizabeth Vilchis
- [http://www.newamericaneconomy.org/feature/how-american-immigration-policy-stifled-the-athletic-ambitions-of-one-of-floridas-most-promising-tennis-players/ Immigration Policy Stifled the Athletic Ambitions of One of Florida’s Most Promising Tennis Players, Accessed January 30 2018
- [http://people.com/politics/democrats-dreamers-guests-trump-state-of-the-union-address/ These Democrats Are Bringing 'Dreamers' to President Trump's State of the Union Address, Accessed January 30 2018
- [https://www.harris.senate.gov/news/press-releases/senator-harris-to-bring-california-undocublack-daca-recipient-to-state-of-the-union Senator Harris to Bring California UndocuBlack DACA Recipient to State of the Union, Accessed January 30 2018
- [https://twitter.com/SenBooker/status/958047061554933765, Accessed January 30 2018