- Studied M.S. Community Economic Development at Southern New Hampshire University
- Studied B.A. Social Studies at Harvard University
- Went to El Cerrito High School
- Senior Advisor at Boston Impact Initiative
- Chef and Co-Owner at Olio Culinary Collective
- Former Line Cook at Tres Gatos
- Former Boston Lead Organizer at The Participatory Budgeting Project
- Former Co-Founder & Executive Director at Boston Workers' Alliance
Take Back the American Dream Conference 2011
Aaron Tanaka was one of the 158 speakers who addressed the Take Back the American Dream Conference 2011 . The Conference was hosted by the Institute for Policy Studies, and Democratic Socialists of America dominated Campaign for America's Future, 
Aaron Tanaka January 21, 2013 ·
peepin Malia Lazu Mariama White-Hammond Marisa Egerstrom on http://sparechangenews.net/current for the MLK day issue - ♥ + lol our SJ fashion shoot + great inspiration tho. — with Rev. Sekou, Marisa Egerstrom, Mariama White-Hammond and Malia Lazu.
Backing Marty Walsh, 2013
- A diverse group of civic leaders from communities of color have come together to unanimously endorse Marty Walsh in the race to become mayor of Boston.
- We will be working to support the campaign in the upcoming weeks and we urge people in our communities to elect Marty Walsh as the next mayor of Boston!
Individuals (as of 10/12/2013)
Mukiya Baker-Gomez, Kelly Bates, Diana Bell, Doris Bunte, Karen Chen, Sean K. Daughtry , Paulo A. De Barros, Cindy Diggs, An Duong, Eric Esteves, Rev. Gregory Groover, Rev. James W. Hills, Gilbert Ho, Maude Huard , Samuel Hurtado, Robert Kinney, Baolian Kuang, Lauren Jacobs, Jenny Lau, Lisette Le, Will Lee, Mark Liu, Darlene Lombos, Tom Louie, Lydia Lowe, Julia Mejia, Gloribell Mota, Noemi Mimi Ramos, Tarso Ramos, Ivan Reyes , Danny Rivera, Talia Rivera, Daysa Santana, Khalida Smalls, Alejandra St. Guillen, Aaron Tanaka, Jian Hua Tang, Mario Teran, Natalicia Tracy, Veronica Turner-Biggs, Gladys Vega, Mariama White-Hammond, Ann Har-Yee Wong, Joseph Y. Wong, Charles Wynder, Jr., Henry Yee, Tony M. Yee.
Now What? Defying Trump and the Left's Way Forward
Now What? Defying Trump and the Left's Way Forward was a phone in webinar organized by Freedom Road Socialist Organization in the wake of the 2016 election.
- Now what? We’re all asking ourselves that question in the wake of Trump’s victory. We’ve got urgent strategizing and work to do, together. Join Ash-Lee Woodard Henderson of the Movement for Black Lives and Freedom Road, Calvin Cheung-Miaw, Jodeen Olguin-Taylor of Mijente and WFP, Joe Schwartz of the Democratic Socialists of America, and Sendolo Diaminah of Freedom Road for a discussion of what happened, and what we should be doing to build mass defiance. And above all, how do we build the Left in this, which we know is the only solution to the crises we face?
- This event will take place Tuesday November 15, 2016 at 9pm Eastern/8pm Central/6pm Pacific.
Those invited, on Facebook included Aaron Tanaka.
- Our Future website: Take Back the American Dream 2011 Speakers (accessed on Sept. 22, 2011)
- press release, 2013