911Truth.org exists to pressure the U.S. Government into investigating whether or not the 9/11 attacks were an "inside job".
Endorsers are a mixture of right and left, mainstream and far fringe activists, authors and politicians.
Many also have ties to the Washington DC based far left "think tank" Institute for Policy Studies or its spin-offs or affiliates-including Medea Benjamin, Kevin Danaher, Daniel Ellsberg, Jodie Evans, Van Jones, Mimi Kennedy, Michael Lerner, Michael Parenti and Howard Zinn.
9/11 Statement Signed by 100 Prominent Americans
Special Note: Though the statement below is powerful and important, we highly recommend the newer webpage listing over 50 senior military, intelligence, and government officials who serious question the 9/11 official story. Several even claim 9/11 was possibly manipulated by rogue elements in government. See this remarkable collection of 9/11 patriots at...
- Below is a powerful petition first released in October of 2004 which continues to bring the 9/11 issue ever more into public awareness. This petition is signed by 100 prominent Americans and 40 9/11 family members demanding a full, independent investigation of what really happened on that fateful day.
The statement's list of signatories includes notables spanning the political spectrum, from Presidential candidates Ralph Nader and Green Party candidate David Cobb to Catherine Austin Fitts, a high-ranking member of the first Bush administration, as well as Washington veterans like Pentagon whistleblower Daniel Ellsberg and retired CIA analyst Ray McGovern. Other signers include former U.S. Ambassador to Iraq Edward L Peck and environmentalists like Randy Hayes and John Robbins.
- Please help to spread the word on this most important statement. The truth is coming out! Thanks for all that you are doing to help build a better world!
With very best wishes,
Fred Burks for PEERS and the WantToKnow.info Team
- Former language interpreter for Presidents Bush and Clinton
911 Truth Statement
- NEW YORK CITY, NY (Oct. 26, 2004) – An alliance of 100 prominent Americans and 40 family members of those killed on 9/11 today announced the release of the 911 Truth Statement, a call for immediate inquiry into evidence that suggests high-level government officials may have deliberately allowed the September 11th attacks to occur. The Statement supports an August 31st Zogby poll that found nearly 50% of New Yorkers believe the government had foreknowledge and "consciously failed to act," with 66% wanting a new 9/11 investigation.
- Focusing on twelve questions, the Statement highlights areas of incriminating evidence that were either inadequately explored or ignored by the Kean Commission, ranging from insider trading and hijacker funding to foreign government forewarnings and inactive defenses around the Pentagon. The Statement asks for four actions: an immediate investigation by New York Attorney General Eliot Spitzer, Congressional hearings, media analysis, and the formation of a truly independent citizens-based inquiry.
- The Statement's list of signatories includes notables spanning the political spectrum, from Presidential candidates Ralph Nader, Michael Badnarik, and David Cobb to Catherine Austin Fitts, a member of the first Bush administration, as well as Washington veterans like Pentagon whistleblower Daniel Ellsberg and retired CIA analyst Ray McGovern. Other signers range from peace activists like Code Pink president Jodie Evans and Global Exchange's Kevin Danaher to former U.S. Ambassador and Chief of Mission to Iraq, Edward L. Peck; from environmentalists like Randy Hayes and John Robbins to business leaders such as Paul Hawken and Karl Schwartz, CEO of Patmos Nanotechnologies; from populist journalist Ronnie Dugger to renowned investigative reporter Kelly Patricia O'Meara.
- The Statement also includes 43 noted authors, includingNew York Times#1 bestseller John Gray, as well as 18 eminent professors, historians, and theologians. Other notables include five-term Georgia Congresswoman Cynthia McKinney, singers Michelle Shocked and Michael Franti, and actors Ed Asner and Mimi Kennedy.
- The Statement was facilitated by 911truth.org, a leading coalition. The organization has also announced a press conference outside of Eliot Spitzer's Manhattan office (corner of Cedar and Nassau) at 2:00PM on Thursday, Oct. 28th where 9/11 family members and victim group representatives will file a formal complaint demanding the first criminal investigation of 9/11 events by the New York Attorney General.
We Want Real Answers About 9/11
On August 31, 2004, Zogby International, the official North American political polling agency for Reuters, released a poll that found nearly half (49.3%) of New York City residents and 41% of those in New York state believe U.S. leaders had foreknowledge of impending 9/11 attacks and "consciously failed" to act. Of the New York City residents, 66% called for a new probe of unanswered questions by Congress or the New York Attorney General.
In connection with this news, we have assembled 100 notable Americans and 40 family members of those who died to sign this 9/11 Statement, which calls for immediate public attention to unanswered questions that suggest that people within the current administration may indeed have deliberately allowed 9/11 to happen, perhaps as a pretext for war.
We want truthful answers to questions such as:
- Why were standard operating procedures for dealing with hijacked airliners not followed that day?
- Why were the extensive missile batteries and air defenses reportedly deployed around the Pentagon not activated during the attack?
- Why did the Secret Service allow Bush to complete his elementary school visit, apparently unconcerned about his safety or that of the schoolchildren?
- Why hasn't a single person been fired, penalized, or reprimanded for the gross incompetence we witnessed that day?
- Why haven't authorities in the U.S. and abroad published the results of multiple investigations into trading that strongly suggested foreknowledge of specific details of the 9/11 attacks, resulting in tens of millions of dollars of traceable gains?
- Why has Sibel Edmonds, a former FBI translator who claims to have knowledge of advance warnings, been publicly silenced with a gag order requested by Attorney General Ashcroft and granted by a Bush-appointed judge?
- How could Flight 77, which reportedly hit the Pentagon, have flown back towards Washington D.C. for 40 minutes without being detected by the FAA's radar or the even superior radar possessed by the U.S. military?
- How were the FBI and CIA able to release the names and photos of the alleged hijackers within hours, as well as to visit houses, restaurants, and flight schools they were known to frequent?
- What happened to the over 20 documented warnings given our government by 14 foreign intelligence agencies or heads of state?
- Why did the Bush administration cover up the fact that the head of the Pakistani intelligence agency was in Washington the week of 9/11 and reportedly had $100,000 wired to Mohamed Atta, considered the ringleader of the hijackers?
- Why did the 911 Commission fail to address most of the questions posed by the families of the victims, in addition to almost all of the questions posed here?
- Why was Philip Zelikow chosen to be the Executive Director of the ostensibly independent 911 Commission although he had co-authored a book with Condoleezza Rice?
Those who are demanding deeper inquiry now number in the hundreds of thousands, including a former member of the first Bush administration, a retired Air Force colonel, a European parliamentarian, families of the victims, highly respected authors, investigative journalists, peace and justice leaders, former Pentagon staff, and the National Green Party.
As Americans of conscience, we ask for four things:
- An immediate investigation by New York Attorney General Eliot Spitzer
- Immediate investigation in Congressional Hearings.
- Media attention to scrutinize and investigate the evidence.
- The formation of a truly independent citizens-based inquiry.
Given the importance of the coming election, we feel it is imperative that these questions be addressed publicly, honestly, and rigorously so that Americans may exercise their democratic rights with full awareness.
In closing, we pray and hope for the strength to approach this subject with wisdom and compassion so that we may heal from the wounds inflicted on that terrible day.
- Note: All organizations are mentioned for identification purposes only. Individuals have signed this statement as an act of their own conscience, not to signify organizational endorsement.
- Virginia Deane Abernethy, Ph.D., anthropologist, author, Population Politics
- Ed Asner, actor, activist
- Marshall Auerback, international portfolio strategist for David W Tice & Associates, Inc.
- Catherine Austin Fitts, Asst. Secretary of Housing in the first Bush administration
- Keidi Obi Awadu, aka The Conscious Rasta, talk show host, LIBRadio
- Michael Badnarik, Libertarian candidate for President
- Byron Belitsos, publisher, Origin Press, author Planetary Democracy
- Philip J Berg, Esquire, former deputy attorney general, Pennsylvania
- Medea Benjamin, activist, author, co-founder, Global Exchange and Code Pink
- Dennis Bernstein, investigative reporter, radio host of KPFA Flashpoints
- Steve Bhaerman aka Swami Beyondananda, author, political comedian
- Brad Blanton, Ph.D., psychotherapist, author, Radical Honesty
- Saniel Bonder, spiritual teacher and author, Great Relief
- Dr. Robert Bowman, USAF Lt. Col. (Rtd.), founder, Institute for Space and Security Studies
- John Buchanan, author, candidate for the Republican Party Presidential nomination, 2004
- Gray Brechin, Ph.D., author, environmental historian, professor, UC Berkeley
- Fred Burks, presidential interpreter for Bush, Clinton, Cheney, and Gore
- Norma Carr-Rufino, Ph.D., author, professor of management, San Francisco State University
- Angana Chatterji, Ph.D., scholar-activist and professor of anthropology
- Paul Cienfuegos, co-founder, Democracy Unlimited of Humboldt County
- David Cobb, attorney, national presidential candidate, Green Party USA
- John Cobb, Ph.D., theologian, co-author, For the Common Good
- Ernest Callenbach, founder/editor, Film Quarterly, author, Ecotopia
- Kevin Danaher, Ph.D., author, speaker, co-founder, Global Exchange
- Stephen Dinan, author, Radical Spirit
- Bill Doyle, advocate for 9/11 families, father of Joseph Doyle, Cantor Fitzgerald employee
- Ronnie Dugger, journalist/author, co-founder, Alliance for Democracy
- Rachel Ehrenfeld, Ph.D., Director, American Center for Democracy, author, Funding Evil
- Daniel Ellsberg, author, Secrets: A Memoir of Vietnam and the Pentagon Papers
- Jodie Evans, president, CODEPINK
- Richard Falk, Professor Emeritus of International Law, Princeton University
- Michael Franti, musician, filmmaker, human rights worker
- Jim Garrison, Ph.D., president, State of the World Forum, author, America as Empire
- Bruce Gagnon, Chair, Global Network Against Weapons and Nuclear Power in Space
- Ric Giardina, author, consultant, speaker, former Director of Trademarks and Brands for Intel
- John Gray, Ph.D., #1 bestselling author, Men Are from Mars, Women Are from Venus
- Stan Goff, 25-year Army Special Ops veteran, author, Full Spectrum Disorder
- Melvin Goodman, senior fellow, Center for International Policy, author, former Senior Analyst, CIA, professor, National War College
- Morton Goulder, Deputy Secretary for Intelligence and Warning under Nixon, Ford, and Carter
- David Ray Griffin, Ph.D., theologian, author, New Pearl Harbor
- Doris Haddock, campaign finance crusader, NH Democratic Party candidate for Senate
- Thom Hartmann, radio host; author, Unequal Protection
- Richie Havens, singer, songwriter, performer, artist
- Paul Hawken, bestselling author, environmentalist, entrepreneur, founder of Smith & Hawken
- Randy Hayes, founder, Rainforest Action Network, U.S. National Director, Direction Conservation
- Richard Heinberg, author, The Party's Over, core faculty, New College of California
- Van Jones, executive director, Ella Baker Center for Human Rights
- Rob Kall, editor, OpEdNews.com, president, Futurehealth Inc
- Georgia Kelly, executive director, Praxis Peace Institute
- Sean Kelly, Ph.D., author, professor of philosophy and religion, CA Institute of Integral Studies
- John Joseph Kennedy, Democratic Party Write-in Presidential Candidate for 2004
- Mimi Kennedy, actress, Dharma and Greg, progressive activist
- Faiz Khan, M.D., Triage Emergency Physician on 9/11, Assistant Imam
- David Korten, author, When Corporations Rule the World
- Frances Moore Lappe, author, Diet for a Small Planet; founder, Small Planet Institute
- Scott M. Legere, 25 year radio broadcaster as Scott Ledger, Tampa FL
- Rabbi Michael Lerner, editor, TIKKUN Magazine, author, Healing Israel/Palestine
- Michael Levine, bestselling author of Deep Cover, journalist, 25-year veteran of the DEA
- Joanna Macy, Ph.D., eco-philosopher, author
- Enver Masud, founder, The Wisdom Fund, author, The Truth About Islam
- John McCarthy, former Special Forces Captain, president, Veterans Equal Rights Protection Advocacy
- Ray McGovern, former CIA analyst, co-founder, Veteran Intelligence Professionals for Sanity
- Cynthia McKinney, five-term Democratic Party Congresswoman from Georgia
- Ralph Metzner, Ph.D., author, professor, co-founder, Green Earth Foundation
- Mark Crispin Miller, media critic, author, professor, New York University
- Joseph W Montaperto, New York City Fire Department
- Leuren Moret, geoscientist, radiation specialist, environmental commissioner
- Ralph Nader, Independent candidate for President
- Craig Neal, author, co-founder, The Heartland Institute, former publisher, Utne Reader
- Jeff Norman, executive director, Tour of Duty
- Jenna Orkin, Esquire, World Trade Center Environmental Organization
- Kelly Patricia O'Meara, investigative journalist, public relations
- Michael Parenti, Ph.D., author, Superpatriotism and The Terrorism Trap
- Edward L. Peck, former U.S. Ambassador and Chief of Mission to Iraq, former Deputy Director to the White House Task Force on Terrorism
- Peter Phillips, Ph.D., professor, Sonoma State University, director, Project Censored
- Henri Poole, Internet pioneer, board member, Free Software Foundation
- Robert Rabbin, author, speaker, creator of TruthForPresident.org
- Paul H Ray, Ph.D., sociologist, author, The Cultural Creatives
- John Renesch, business futurist, author, Getting to the Better Future
- John Rensenbrink, professor emeritus, Bowdoin College, co-founder, Green Party USA
- John Robbins, author, founder, EarthSave International
- William Rodriguez, 9/11 rescue effort hero, founder, Hispanic Victims Group
- Neal Rogin, Emmy-award winning writer, performer, social observer
- Allen Roland, Ph.D., psychotherapist, published author and peace activist
- Rosemary Ruether, professor of feminist theology, Graduate Theological Union
- Michael Ruppert, publisher/editor, From The Wilderness, author, Crossing the Rubicon
- Chris Sanders, founder, Sanders Research Associates
- Karl W. B. Schwarz, President, CEO, Patmos Nanotechnologies, LLC
- Peter Dale Scott, Ph.D., Professor Emeritus, author, Drugs, Oil, and War
- Firefighter Kevin Shea, FDNY Hazmat Operations
- Michelle Shocked, singer/songwriter, activist
- Indira Singh, risk management and computer systems consultant
- J. Michael Springmann, attorney, former Foreign Service Officer, U.S. Department of State
- Douglas Sturm, Ph.D., university professor emeritus, Bucknell University
- Marjorie Hewit Suchocki, Ph.D., theologian, author
- Chuck Turner, Boston City Council
- James W. Walter Jr, venture investor, philanthropist, founder of Walden Three
- Dan Whaley, E-commerce pioneer, founder of GetThere.com, acquired for $750M
- Burns H. Weston, J.S.D., Professor of Law Emeritus, Director, Center for Human Rights, U-Iowa
- Howard Zinn, professor, historian, author, A People’s History of the United States