Wadih Halabi (also known as Wadhi'h Halabi), born 1946, serves on the Economics Commission of the Communist Party USA, and also teaches political economy at the Center for Marxist Education in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
He is the partner of Sandra Rosen,
Theoretical work and activism
- Since 1917 and to this day, a single world economy has contained two social systems -- capitalism and the system created by socialist revolutions. The two systems are regulated internally by different laws; capitalism is distinctly cyclical and crisis-prone, while economies created by socialist revolution, including those of China and four other states today, are distinctly non-cyclical. But the two systems are not in separate worlds; they interact, conflict and compete within the arena of a single world economy (and a single world society).
Within this framework of a single world (political) economy, Halabi’s work has examined phenomena that superficially appear to contradict or challenge Marxism, such as the collapse of the Soviet Union while U.S. G.D.P. maintained exceptional relative stability. He has also studied the material basis for revolutionary optimism.
Halabi’s work has been published in Nature, Society and Thought, Political Affairs, the Peoples Weekly World and other journals. His work has been translated and published internationally, including in China, India, Brazil, Germany, former Soviet republics and elsewhere. He has also been active in union organizing, prisoner defense and international solidarity work in the USA.
Communist Party Labor Day call
Of the more than 100 endorsers listed, almost all were identified members of the Communist Party USA.
Wadhi'h Halabi, Cambridge Massachusetts was on the list.
Massachusetts Communist Party
Halabi has made visits to China since 2000, to lecture and for conferences on world political economy.
On May 27 2010, Committees of Correspondence for Democracy and Socialism member Greg King, wrote an email to several "CCDS members", forwarded from "Carl D", (probably Carl Davidson) on the subject of a John Case article on the just finished Communist Party USA National Convention in New York. The email named the "CCDS members" as Al Sargis, Jim Nakamura, John Witeck, Joe Bageant, W. A. Halabi, Mort Ahmadifar, Oliver Lee, Gary Hicks and Sandy Rosen.
- From: Greg King <gking...@msn.com>
- Subject: FW: [CCDS Members] FYI from CarlD: JCase's Reflections on the CPUSA 29th Convention''
- "Al Sargis" <albertsar...@comcast.net>, "Jim Nakamura" <j...@sonic.net>, "John Witeck" <witeckj...@hawaii.rr.com>, "Joe Bageant" <bagean...@aim.com>, "W.A. Halabi" <wah...@yahoo.com>, "Mort Ahmadifar" <ahmadi...@comcast.net>, "Oliver Lee" <o...@hawaii.edu>, "Gary Hicks" <longmarch2...@yahoo.com>, "Sandy Rosen" s...@verizon.net
"China, The Working Class, Unions And The Economy" forum
On July 6 2011 a forum "China, The Working Class, Unions And The Economy" was held at the Niebyl-Proctor Marxist Library, 6501 Telegraph Avenue, Oakland California .
- China is now developing into the largest economy in the world and this forum will discuss how this affects Chinese working people, unions (official & independent) and the Chinese people. It will also look at how the US government, U.S. unions and media look at this development
A panel followed by audience discussion:
- Wadih Halabi, Economics Commission, Communist Party USA
- ↑  The 1st Forum of World Political Economics Society, SHORT BIOGRAPHY FOR WADI’H HALABI
- ↑ http://www.politicalaffairs.net/article/static/17/1/3/,,
- ↑ People's Weekly World Sep 2 1995 p 14
- ↑ We salute the labor movement!, People's World, September 1, 2006
- ↑ http://www.wrpe.org/WAPE/WAPE%20Papers%202008/Wadih_Halabi.pdf
- ↑  Google groups, Socialist Economics FW: [CCDS Members] FYI from CarlD: JCase's Reflections on the CPUSA 29th Convention, May 27, 2010, accessed June 10, 2010
- ↑ [http://peoplesworld.org/events/555 PW events, Oakland, Calif.: China, The Working Class, Unions And The Economy July 6 2011 19:00 - July 6 2011 21:00]