Communist Party (Marxist-Leninist)
Knowing Dorothy Healey
- Our lasting visual memory of Dorothy has her standing in a midst of a room full of young activists in 1966. Cigarette in hand and using that throaty voice to rally us against the latest act of injustice or brutality against the community by the guardians of the capitalist system. She was scolding, encouraging and praising. She was one of those veterans of the struggle that was able and willing to cross the generational divide.
- For us red-diaper babies and SDS activists coming of age in the radical movement in L.A. in the 60s, Dorothy was at once a revolutionary role model, a leader, teacher, critical friend and a member of the family.
- Dorothy taught us that being a revolutionary was a life-long proposition, a genuine commitment to siding with the underdog, fighting racism, war and every form of social injustice and inequity. She taught us to stand firm on matters of principle, while being good at uniting with those in the movement with whom we disagreed. We probably didn't learn that last one well enough.
- Mike, Fred & Susan Klonsky
- September 22, 2006
Committees of Correspondence connection
Small Schools Workshop
"Small Schools Workshop" in Chicago, circa 1999/2000. Under the heading of Who We Are, the following were listed:
- Dr. William Ayers, Co-Director
- Timuel Black, School Community Coordinator
- Carl Davidson, School Technology Specialist
- Dr. Michael Klonsky, Co-Director
- Susan Klonsky, Research and Development Director
- Chicago CoC "Membership, Subscription and Mailing List" 10.14.94