Shelley Kessler ...
CoC National Conference endorser
In 1992 Shelley Kessler, trade unionist, San Mateo California, endorsed the Committees of Correspondence national conference Conference on Perspectives for Democracy and Socialism in the 90s held at Berkeley California July 17-19.
Conference on Perspectives for Democracy and Socialism in the 90s
The Conference on Perspectives for Democracy and Socialism in the 90s was the Committees of Correspondence's first national conference held in Berkeley, California July 17-19, 1992.
Workshops that were held at the conference on Saturday, July 18 included:
Strategy 1 What is an effective strategy? Responding to monopoly capital in the era of the permanent replacements (strikes, in-shop actions, community alliances, international solidarity)
- Ignacio de la Fuente, Intl. Rep., Glass, Molders and Pottery Workers Union member-elect, Oakland City council
- Betty Hughley, vice president, Local 1199, NY
- Leanna Noble, field organizer, UE, Los Angeles
- Corinne Comer, secretary-treasurer, HERE Local 28, Oakland
- Larry Daves, labor attorney, San Antonio
- Annmarie Draham, field organizer, UE, No CA
- John Reed, vice president, Local 1199, NY
- Shelley Kessler, Asst. Exec. Officer, San Mateo County Labor Council