Socialist Scholars Conference 1990
Rethinking the American Communist Legacy
- Sponsor: Radical Philosophers Association
- Moderator: Tony Rosso, Professor of English, Southern Connecticut State
- Alan Wald, English University of Michigan, Paper - Communist Wars
- Rosalyn Baxandall, American Studies, CUNY - Old Westbury, Paper - Women and the Legacy of the Party
- Javey Terres, English, Princeton University; commentator
Socialist Scholars Conference 1992
Rosalyn Baxandall, Michael E. Brown, Annette Rubinstein, editor, Science and Society and Anders Stephanson were speakers on the Rethinking the History of Communism: 1910 - 1992 panel sponsored by Research Group on Socialism and Democracy at the Tenth Annual Socialist Scholars Conference. The conference was held April 24-26, 1992 at the Borough of Manhattan Community College, New York City
Individual endorsers of the event included Rosalyn Baxandall.
How Class Works
At the How Class Works - 2002 Conference, panels included;
- 2.0 Class and Community
- Rosalyn Baxandall and
- Elizabeth Ewen, SUNY Old Westbury – American Studies
- Fred Rose, Springfield, Mass
- Mark Aronoff, chair, Stony Brook – Linguistics and Deputy Provost
MDS Board member
The business portion of the meeting followed with each board nominee introducing themselves to the conference. The board, a very diverse group, was voted in by acclamation... Board nominees where were not able to attend the conference were included in the appointment by acclamation. The list included Elliott Adams, Panama Vicente Alba, Tariq Ali, Stanley Aronowitz, David Barsamian, Rosalyn Baxandall, John Bracey, Jr., John Brittain, Robb Burlage, Noam Chomsky, Jayne Cortez, Carl Davidson, Angela Davis, Bernardine Dohrn, Barbara Epstein, Gustavo Esteva, Lawrence Ferlinghetti, Stephen Fleischman, Bill Fletcher Jr, Tom Hayden, Gerald Horne, Florence Howe, Mike James, Robin D G Kelley, Alice Kessler Harris, Rashid Khalidi, Mike Klonsky, Betita Martinez, Ethelbert Miller, Roxanne Dunbar-Ortiz, Barbara Ransby, Patricia Rose, Michael Rossman, Studs Terkel, Charlene Teters, Jerry Tucker, Immanuel Wallerstein, Cornel West, Leonard Weinglass and Howard Zinn.
Feminists for Peace and Barack Obama
- In the coming elections, it is important to remember that war and peace are as much \"women\'s issues\" as are health, the environment, and the achievement of educational and occupational equality. Because we believe that all of these concerns are not only fundamental but closely intertwined, this Tuesday we will be casting our vote for Senator Barack Obama as the Democratic nominee for President of the United States.
Progressives for Obama
"Support Bill Ayers"
In October 2008, several thousand college professors, students and academic staff signed a statement Support Bill Ayers in solidarity with former Weather Underground Organization terrorist Bill Ayers.
In the run up to the U.S. presidential elections, Ayers had come under considerable media scrutiny, sparked by his relationship to presidential candidate Barack Obama.
- We write to support our colleague Professor William Ayers, Distinguished Professor of Education and Senior University Scholar at the University of Illinois at Chicago, who is currently under determined and sustained political attack...
- We, the undersigned, stand on the side of education as an enterprise devoted to human inquiry, enlightenment, and liberation. We oppose the demonization of Professor William Ayers.
Campaign for Peace and Democracy
- Second Annual Socialist Scholars Conference program.
- SSE Tenth Annual Conference Program, 1992
- Mail Archive website: Communist Manifestivity Conference Schedule, Oct. 28, 1998
- How Class Works - 2002 Conference Schedule (accessed July 24 2010)
- Liberal Education website: Bill Ayers supporters