- John Woodford expanded the newspaper’s coverage beyond simply a hard news journal with arguably the best coverage of Africa and the non-aligned movement in any U.S. newspaper, with features on the arts and music which were richly illustrated with photographs by Chester Sheard, Hassan Sharrieff and Robert Sengstacke.
Sengstacke was a staff photographer for the publication.
Black Press Institute
- ↑ http://www.finalcall.com/national/savioursday2k/m_speaks.htm
- ↑ http://www.thehistorymakers.com/biography/biography.asp?bioindex=703
- ↑ Comprand Letterhead Sep 29 1987
- ↑ Black Press Institute Letterhead October 5 1987