Socialist Scholars Conference
Michael Zweig; Michael Lerner, Editor, Tikkun; Pamela Brubaker and Larry Rasmussen, Union Theological Seminary were speakers on the Religion and Economic Justice panel at the Tenth Annual Socialist Scholars Conference. The conference was held April 24-26, 1992 at the Borough of Manhattan Community College, New York City.
How Class Works
The "How Class Works - 2002" conference: panels included;
“Middle Class? Working Class? What’s the Difference and Why Does It Matter”
- Barbara Ehrenreich, writer
- Michael Zweig, Stony Brook – Economics
- Fred Gardaphe, Chair, Stony Brook – European Languages and Literature.
Golden Lands, Working Hands (excerpts)
- Danny Schechter, filmmaker, Globalvision, NYC
- Michael Zweig, Host, Stony Brook – Economics.
7.0 Class, Race, and the Struggle for Freedom in South Africa
General Secretary, Congress of South African Trade Unions (COSATU)
8.1 Continuing to Build Working Class Studies
- Michael Zweig, Chair, Stony Brook – Economics
The "How Class Works 2008" conference held at Stony Brook, New York, June 5 - 7, 2008 Conference organiser was Michael Zweig Director, Center for Study of Working Class Life, Department of Economics State University of New York, Stony Brook, NY.
Open letter to Andy Stern
- "We are writing to express our deep concern about SEIU's threatened trusteeship over its third largest local, United Healthcare Workers (UHW). We believe that there must always be room within organized labor for legitimate and principled dissent, if our movement is to survive and grow. Putting UHW under trusteeship would send a very troubling message and be viewed, by many, as a sign that internal democracy is not valued or tolerated within SEIU. In our view, this would have negative consequences for the workers directly affected, the SEIU itself, and the labor movement as a whole. We strongly urge you to avoid such a tragedy."