- 1 Communist Party reformer
- 2 CoC National Conference endorser
- 3 Editorial board News for a People's World
- 4 Committees of Correspondence 2002 Conference
- 5 Committees of Correspondence NCC member
- 6 Kendra Alexander Foundation
- 7 References
Earl Martin (Marty) Price is a Northern California activist.
Communist Party reformer
In 1991 Marty Price, Northern California was one of several hundred Communist Party USA members to sign the a paper "An initiative to Unite and Renew the Party" - most signatories left the Party after the December 1991 conference to found Committees of Correspondence.
CoC National Conference endorser
In 1992 Marty Price, chair political action committee, Sign and Display Union, Oakland endorsed the Committees of Correspondence national conference Conference on Perspectives for Democracy and Socialism in the 90s held at Berkeley California July 17-19.
Conference on Perspectives for Democracy and Socialism in the 90s
The Conference on Perspectives for Democracy and Socialism in the 90s was the Committees of Correspondence's first national conference held in Berkeley, California July 17-19, 1992.
Workshops that were held at the conference on Saturday, July 18 included:
People's Art How to combat defunding, denial of access and cooptation?
- John Crawford, publisher, West End Press, NM
- John Fromer, Freedom Song Network and TV producer, SF
- Rinda Frye, actor and professor of drama, Louisville, KT
- Peggy Lipschutz, artist, Chicago
- Marty Price, writer and community activist, Oakland
CoC National Coordinating Committee
The following are listed in order of votes they received as members of the Committees of Correspondence National Coordinating Committee, elected at the Conference on Perspectives for Democracy and Socialism in the 90s held at Berkeley California July 17-19.:
- Angela Davis, SF
- Gus Newport, Berkeley
- Elizabeth Martinez, SF
- Alva Buxenbaum, NY
- Leslie Cagan, NY
- Peter Camejo, Alameda, CA
- Giuliana Milanese, SF
- Robert Chacanaca, Freedom, CA
- Mildred Williamson, Chicago
- Barry Cohen, NY
- Mark Solomon, Boston
- Barbara Lee, Sacramento
- Maudelle Shirek, Berkeley
- Raahi Reddy, New Brunswick, NJ
- Margy Wilkinson, Berkeley
- Yvonne Golden, Florida
- Mary Idosidis, Mill Valley, CA
- Pat Fry, Detroit
- Marty Price, Oakland
- Fran Beal, Oakland
- Marshall Garcia, NY
- Betty Kano, Berkeley
- Michael Myerson, NY
- Sharon Stewart, LA
- Carmen Rumbaut, San Antonio
- Maurice Jackson, Washington, D.C.
- Geoffrey Jacques, NY
- Arthur Kinoy, Montclair, NJ
- Melinda Brown, LA
- Leslie Shaheen, NY
Editorial board News for a People's World
The 1993 News for a People's World editor's committee board consisted of Alice Sunshine (editor), Marcy Rein (managing editor), committee members Pele deLappe, Conn Hallinan, Tahan Jones, Eric Mar, Hannah Miller, Jonathan Nack, Marty Price, David Raymond , Barry Sheppard and John Trinkl.
Committees of Correspondence 2002 Conference
At the Committees of Correspondence National Conference and Convention, July 25-28, 2002 San Francisco State University.
Disarmament and the Military Budget. Panelists included: Kenneth Riley, David Bacon,, Marilyn Albert, Renee Saucedo, Angela Sambrano, Cathi Tactaquin, Marty Price, Patrice Sewell, Joan Cohen, Claire Carsman, James Campbell, Peter Orris, Thelma Correll, Edith Pollach, Amaha Kassa, Harry Targ, Steve Williams, Karen Talbot, Mort Frank, David Cohen.
Committees of Correspondence NCC member
Marilyn Albert, Mael Apollon, Carl Bloice, Barbara Blong, Barry Cohen, David Cohen, Otis Cunningham, Carl Davidson, Mort Frank, Todd Freeberg, Pat Fry, Marian Gordon, Ira Grupper, June Hemmingson, Ed Hemmingson, Fred Hicks, Duncan McFarland, Anne Mitchell, Maxine Orris, Ted Pearson, Gina Pesulima-Palencar, Edith Pollach, Marty Price, Merle Ratner, Jay Schaffner, Jae Scharlin, Mike Stein, Harry Targ, Walter Teague, Meta Van Sickle, Steve Willett and Mildred Williamson.
Kendra Alexander Foundation
- Addendum to Initiative document
- CCDS Background
- Conference program
- Proceedings of the Committees of Correspondence Conference: Perspectives for Democracy and Socialism in the '90s booklet, printed by CoC in NY, Sept. 1992 (Price: $4)
- News for a People's World, November 1993, page 2
- [The Corresponer Vol 10, number 1, June 2002 http://www.cc-ds.org/pub_arch/CorresponderX1-2.pdf]