Marty Luster is an Ithaca, New York activist.
Anti ECT campaigner
On July 22, 2006, New York state Assemblyman Marty Luster (D-Ithaca), chairman of the Assembly’s Mental Health Committee, today announced introduction of a comprehensive package of legislation to respond to the increased use of electroconvulsive therapy (ECT) in New York State. Luster also announced that the committee will hold a second public hearing on the subject,
Anti Iraq War
Ithaca Democratic Socialists of America presents rerun #294 of a video "Tompkins County Rallies for Peace" Marty Luster and Congressman Maurice Hinchey tell a crowd of hundreds of Tompkins County peace marchers in the snow on March 17, 2007 about what needs to be done to get to peace in Iraq and keep out of war in Iran. Impeachment may be part of the solution.
On April 7, 2009, at Ithaca, NY — The Tompkins County Workers Center held a rally in support of the Employee Free Choice Act on the steps of the Tompkins Court House just prior to a meeting of the legislature.
Dave Marsh, President of the Building Trades Council, introduced Kate Bronfenbrenner, director of Labor Education Research at Cornell's School of Industrial & Labor Relations, followed by Pete Meiers representing the Tompkins County Workers Center and Marty Luster representing Ithaca Democratic Socialists of America . Legislators Pamela Mackesey, Carol Chock, Martha Robertson, Kathy Luz Herrera, Nathan Shinagawa, and Will Burbank spoke in turn giving context to their support of the Employee Free Choice Act and the pending resolution in support of the legislation to be taken up by the Tompkins County Legislature. That concludes the video, which is unedited raw footage of the rally.
The resolution in support of the Employee Free Choice Act passed handily by a vote of 12-3.
Ithaca DSA officers, 2011
Ithaca DSA Officers, 2011;
- ↑ http://www.ect.org/assemblyman-marty-luster-press-release-regarding-ny-ect-bill/
- ↑ Ithaca DSA blog, Monday, December 22, 2008 Ithaca DSA Presents: Tompkins County Rallies for Peace
- ↑  Employee Free Choice Act rally in Ithaca, NY 8 April 2009 Tompkins County Against War and Occupation website, accessed June 14, 2010
- ↑  ITHACA SOCIALISTS SAY “KILL THE BILL!”, Tompkins County Daily Swarm, undated, accessed June 14, 2010
- ↑ http://ithacadsa.blogspot.com/search?updated-max=2009-06-29T14%3A48%3A00-04%3A00&max-results=7 Ithaca DSA website, accessed march 8, 2011]