Juan Gonzalez is a journalist and host of Democracy Now!
In 1981 Mark Loo, a Chinese-American member of the Communist Workers Party , his party comrade Rodney Johnson, and unionist David Boyd were charged with the attempted bombing of the National Shipbuilding Company in San Diego, California. The trio were represented by lawyer Leonard Weinglass.
A cocktail party in support of the NASSCO3, was held at Ramsey Clark's house in New York on July 10. Sponsors of the event included Haywood Burns, Abe Feinglass, Juan Gonzalez, William Kunstler, Stewart Kwoh, Manning Marable, Margaret Ratner, Abbott Simon, Frances Borden Hubbard, Flo Kennedy, and Ramsey Clark.
On August 31 1991, over 300,000 union workers and their supporters marched in Washington, DC at a second Solidarity Day to say "we told you so." And DSA was there with them. Afterwards. DSA sponsored a well-attended reception at a Washington pub. Dennis Rivera, president of Local 1199 in New York City, and Juan Gonzalez, a leader of the Daily News strike, were but two of the labor luminaries in attendance.
How Class Works
At the How Class Works - 2002 Conference, panels included; 6.0 Class, Power, and Social Structure
- Juan Gonzalez, New York Daily News – columnist
- May Chen, UNITE! – Vice President
- Jose Feliciano, Chair, Stony Brook - Physics
Center for the Study of Working Class Life
In These Times
New Labor Forum
New Labor Forum is published by Center for Labor, Community, and Policy Studies, Joseph S. Murphy Institute for Worker Education & Labor Studies.
Editorial Board members listed, as of March 2013; were; Elaine Bernard, Ron Blackwell, Barbara Bowen, Kate Bronfenbrenner, Arthur Cheliotes, Mike Davis, Amy Dean, Steve Early, Hector Figueroa, Janice Fine, Bill Fletcher, Jr., Juan Gonzalez, Marie Gottschalk, Gerald Hudson, Lisa Jordan, Tom Juravich, Robin D G Kelley, Jose LaLuz, Nelson Lichtenstein, Manning Marable, Ruth Needleman, Ai-jen Poo, Katie Quan, Adolph Reed, Daisy Rooks, Andrew Ross, Kent Wong.
- ↑ Curriculum Vitae of Leonard I. Weinglass
- ↑ Workers Vanguard, June 19, 1981, NASSCO3 Railroaded, San Diego Co Entrapment Threat to Labor
- ↑ Memo on NASSCO3 Support Work, from the general secretary Jerry Tung, written by Kurt, 7/81
- ↑ DEMOCRATIC LEST SEPTEMBER/OCTOBER 1991, page 25
- ↑ How Class Works - 2002 Conference Schedule (accessed July 24 2010)
- ↑ http://www.stonybrook.edu/workingclass/about/advisory.shtml
- ↑ In These Times website: About
- ↑ NLF website, accessed March 6,2013