- 1 Supported Communist Party call
- 2 Communist Party Labor Day call
- 3 Birthday Greetings to William "Red" Davis
- 4 Washington State CP
- 5 Communist Party MLK tribute
- 6 Endorsed Communist Party Call
- 7 Backing Barack in Baltimore
- 8 Campaigning for Patty Murray in Washington State
- 9 Clallam County Democrats
- 10 References
Joyce Provost Wheeler is a Baltimore activist and is the wife of Tim Wheeler.
Supported Communist Party call
Communist Party Labor Day call
Of the more than 100 endorsers listed, almost all were identified members of the Communist Party USA.
Birthday Greetings to William "Red" Davis
- In the fight for the unity and integrity of the Party in St. Louis, Missouri, in the post-war years, "Red" has been a rock of confidence and commitment to building the Communist Party.
Washington State CP
In May 1995 The Communist Party USA newspaper Peoples Weekly World published a May Day supplement. Included was a page of greetings to Will Parry, sending "warmest greetings" for his 75th Birthday. Almost all of the more than 100 endorsers listed, were identified members or supporters of the Washington State Communist Party USA.
Communist Party MLK tribute
We salute Dr. King’s courage and vision. He saw and struggled for an America and world that can be. We pledge in his memory to work to reorder our nation’s priorities “so that the pursuit of peace will take precedence over the pursuit of war.”
Endorsed Communist Party Call
On March 30 2002 the Communist Party USA paper People’s Weekly World called for a national holiday in honor of late Farm Workers Union leader Cesar Chavez. The article was followed by a long list of endorsersincluding Joyce Wheeler, Almost all endorsers were confirmed members of the Communist Party USA.
Backing Barack in Baltimore
In early 2008 Tim Wheeler, his wife Joyce Wheeler and another Communist Party USA couple Jim Baldridge and Margaret Baldridge were all active members of Obama's Baltimore operation-organizing canvassing, phone banking and general campaign work. .
Campaigning for Patty Murray in Washington State
- The highest profile election victory here Nov. 2 was the reelection of Sen. Patty Murray. She defeated Republican Dino Rossi by more than 100,000 votes.
- I was asked to coordinate street-corner "waves" for Murray here in my hometown. We could tell Murray was doing well by the number of motorists, especially women, who honked and gave us the thumbs-up salute, far outnumbering the Republicans who gave us a sour look and the thumbs-down.
- My wife Joyce and I spent one afternoon canvassing for Murray up on Bell Hill, where my family once owned a dairy farm. It is now crowded with luxury homes with panoramic views of the Strait of Juan de Fuca and Mount Baker.
- One wealthy resident told me she had already mailed in her ballot, marked for Patty Murray, and was "praying for our country," that voters reject the lies of the rightwing demagogues. I told her that in my youth, I herded cows on what is now her front lawn...
- Washington State voters helped put up a firewall against the ultra-right in reelecting Murray, blocking a GOP majority takeover of the Senate. Victory was won when the coalition of unions and other progressive organizations succeeded in getting out the vote.
Clallam County Democrats
The Clallam County Democratic Central Committee Quarterly Meeting, took place Jan. 5, 2013, Democratic Headquarters
The meeting was called to order by Chairman Matthew Randazzo in the party headquarters , Port Angeles.
More than 45 people attended.
Elected precinct committee officers present were Andrew Shogren, Pat Johansen, Derek Medina, Marcia Farrell, Roger Fight, Kim Bowlby, Earl Archer, Steve Tharinger, Pam Stinson, Chuck Hatten, Steve Markwell, Sylvia Hancock, Loren Kruetner, Norma Turner, Joe McGimpsey, Ed Grier, Dale Holiday, Hank Warren, Kris Grier, Katie Osorio, Cliff Tassie, Mike Doherty, Graham Hutchins, Scott Clausen, Doug Lewis and Matthew Randazzo.
Others attending included Patsy Feeley, Paula Doherty, Leroy Martin, Jay Garrett, Ron Johnson, Jr., Max Mania, Nina Richards, Ron Richards, Tim Wheeler, Joyce Wheeler, Honeybee Wheeler, Dan Duncan, Dottie Nicassio, Richard Jepson, Barbara Jepson, Paul Martin, Tanya Altstatt Menchaca and John Marrs.
- PWW, May Day Supplement May 2, 1992
- People's Weekly World Sep 2 1995 p 14
- Peoples Weekly World December 9, 1995 page 19
- PWW May Day Supplement May 6 1995
- The thumbs up win in Washington State, Tim Wheeler, Peoples World, November 12, 2010
- Clallam County Democratic Central Committee Quarterly Meeting, Jan. 5, 2013