More than 1,200 people attended the Democratic Socialist Organizing Committee initiated Democratic Agenda Conference held November 16-18, 1979, at the International Inn and Metropolitan AM Church in Washington 1 DC. The conference focused on "corporate power'; as the key barrier to "economic and political democracy," concepts many Democratic Agenda participants defined as "socialism.'
The Democratic Agenda meetings attempted to develop anti-corporate alternatives" through influencing the direction of the Democratic Party during the period leading to the July 1980 Democratic National Convention in New York.
Campaign for America's Future
America's Future Now!
Left Forum 2011
Building Solidarity through Community Power: Community-Labor Coalitions:
- Abby Scher, Brooklyn College/CUNY
- Gerardo Dominguez, Mexican-American Workers Association
- John Atlas, National Housing Institute
- Stephen Lerner, SEIU
- Information Digest, December 14, 1979, page 370/371
- [http://www.chicagodsa.org/ngarchive/ng115.html New Ground 115 November - December, 2007]
- CAF Co-Founders
- Our Future website: Take Back America 2010 Speakers (accessed on July 12, 2010)
- Left Forum: Panels (accessed on March 8, 2011)