At UCLA's Franz Hall, in Los Angeles, April 24, 1976, the Democratic Socialist Organizing Committee, organized a a forum, "for all interested liberals, leftists, trade unionists, to develop priority platform for progressives at the Democratic Party National Convention."
Speakers included DSOC chairman Michael Harrington, Jo Seidita, Democratic National Committee, Burt Wilson, coordinator of Campaign Against Utility Service Exploitation, Wallace Albertson, President, California Democratic Council.
- Are there concrete programs that progressives can work for in this election year which could begin to democratize our social and economic institutions? D.S.O.C. thinks that there are---and has instituted a nationwide series of conferences to discuss the DEMOCRACY '76 program.
Media Democracy Legal Project
- Ben Bagdikian, Dean Emeritus, UC Berkeley School of Journalism
- Liane Casten, Chicago Media Watch
- Dan Fiske, National Coalition of Concerned Legal Professionals
- Dr. George Gerbner, Cultural Environment Movement
- Pam Kelly, Former Director, Unitarian Universalists for a Just Economic Community
- Paul Kurtz, Council of Secular Humanists
- Joan Levin, Chicago Attorney
- Mark Lloyd, Director, People for Better TV
- Dr. Robert McChesney, Univ. of Illinois
- Ward Morehouse, Program on Corporations, Law, and Democracy
- John Nichols, Political Editor, The Nation
- Jeff Perlstein, Executive, Media Alliance
- Professor Peter Phillips, Project Censored
- Jo Seidita & Nick Seidita, Alliance for Democracy
- Norman Solomon, FAIR
- Dr. Jerold Starr, Founder, Citizens for Independent Public Broadcasting