Jay D. Jurie
Jay D. Jurie, Ph.D. is a Florida activist.
Favored working with the Socialists
- We the undersigned Colorado-Wyoming NAM members. and friends, favor closer work between and the Socialist Party USA.
Statement of Solidarity with Pace SDS
Five Students for a Democratic Society New York members were arrested at Pace University, New York, on Wednesday, November 15, 2006, during a “free expression” protest.
Movement for a Democratic Society issued a support statement;
- We the undersigned officers and members of Movement for a Democratic Society (MDS), denounce the actions of Pace University in regards to the planned arrest of several SDS first amendment activists on November 15, 2006 at the downtown campus. The targeting of these activists for their efforts to organize an SDS chapter at Pace is reprehensible. President David A. Caputo and the Pace administration have violated the civil rights of the student population and we join with SDS Pace in calling for David Caputo to step down now.
Open Letter to Obama on Iran
"Support Bill Ayers"
In October 2008, several thousand college professors, students and academic staff signed a statement Support Bill Ayers in solidarity with former Weather Underground Organization terrorist Bill Ayers.
In the run up to the U.S. presidential elections, Ayers had come under considerable media scrutiny, sparked by his relationship to presidential candidate Barack Obama.
- We write to support our colleague Professor William Ayers, Distinguished Professor of Education and Senior University Scholar at the University of Illinois at Chicago, who is currently under determined and sustained political attack...
- We, the undersigned, stand on the side of education as an enterprise devoted to human inquiry, enlightenment, and liberation. We oppose the demonization of Professor William Ayers.
Jay D. Jurie of the University of Central Florida signed the statement.
The Rag Blog
2013 CCDS National Coordinating Committee
Jay Jurie, Florida, was elected in 2013 to the Committees of Correspondence for Democracy and Socialism National Coordinating Committee;
- ↑ Resolutions packet for the 1980 NAM convention, page 10
- ↑ Let The People Decide: A Personal View of the SDS National Convention Posted by TAG - August 28, 2006
- ↑ http://antiauthoritarian.net/NLN/?p=112
- ↑ Open Letter to Obama on Iran
- ↑ Liberal Education website: Bill Ayers supporters
- ↑ http://theragblog.blogspot.com
- ↑ CCDS leadership, accessed March 2014