Henry (Hank) Millstein is a long-time peace and labor activist. He's a fiction writer and journalist and a member of the National Writers Union. A practicing Roman Catholic and activist in several faith-based social justice organizations, he serves on the National Committee and the Religion Commission of the Communist Party USA.
- Henry Millstein is a wordsmith in English and several other languages. His accomplishments include developing a successful native language instructional program for the Confederated Tribes of Warm Springs in Oregon, publication of journalism, academic articles, and fiction in a variety of outlets, the authoring of successful grant applications to a number of private and government agencies, and work in a variety of clerical and administrative positions. He has a command of German, French, Spanish, and a number of other languages. He is expert at proofreading, editing, and translation. He also has political and publicity experience.
- Universität Tübingen, Altphilologie 1968 — 1969
- Reed College, B.A. , Classics , 1966 — 1970
- Carnegie Mellon University. M.F.A. , Playwriting , 1972 — 1974
- University of California, Berkeley, Ph.D. , Jewish Studies , 1998 — 2006 "My focal discipline was history, and my focal interest the relationship of Judaism and Christianity."
- Tribal linguist, Confederated Tribes of Warm Springs,(Non-Profit; Government Relations industry), September 1980 — August 1996 (
- I wrote and edited language teaching and reference materials, authored successful grant applications, oversaw development of the language teaching and preservation program, communicated with the public, and recruited and supervised teachers.
- Administrative Assistant, Local Economic Assistance Program, (Non-Profit Organization Management industry),September 1996 — May 1997 (9 months)
- Grant writer, Advocates for Indigenous California Language Survival, (Education Management industry), April 2006 — June 2006 (3 months)
- I wrote a $174,900 grant application to the Administration for Native Americans.
- Verifier Gilardi & Co,(Privately Held; Legal Services industry), March 2006 — April 2010 (4 years 2 months)
- I was responsible for accuracy of the database compiled from submitted class action claim forms; I also did scanning and filing.