Los Angeles DSA meeting
On July 14 circa 1990 Los Angeles Democratic Socialists of America and the American Solidarity Movement convened a meeting at the Workmen's Circle West Los Angeles "Progressives Stratiegies for the Labor Movement"
- Eric Mann Labor/Community Strategy Center
- Sabina Virgo AFSCME Foreign Affairs Network
- Jim Hilfenhaus Association for Union Democracy
- Susanne Paradis Jobs with Justice
- John Duray United Mine Workers - Pittston Strike
Endorsers of the project included Eric Mann, executive director, Labor Community Strategy Center.
Free Mumia Abu-Jamal
In 2008 Eric Mann, Director of Labor Community Strategy Center, Los Angeles, CA signed a statement circulated by the Partisan Defense Committee calling for the release of convicted “cop-killer” Mumia Abu-Jamal.
Letter to Obama
In March 2009 dozens of 'human rights groups' and activists in the United States, signed a statement urging President Barack Obama to rethink his decision to boycott the United Nations-sponsored anti-racism conference.
- As you know, the Durban Review Conference is one of the most important international platforms for discussing the elimination of racism, racial discrimination, xenophobia and related intolerances. Given the brutal history of slavery and Jim Crow in the United States, your Administration has much to contribute to this discussion. A boycott would be inconsistent with your policy of engagement with the international community…
Individual signers of the statement included Eric Mann, author of Dispatches from Durban: The World Conference Against Racism and Post-September 11 Movement Strategies.