Eliott Kenin is a Northern California activist. He is a resistance music historian and a seasoned communist in the Bay Area. Kenin is married to Millea Kenin and is the father-in-law of Wendy Kenin.
W.E.B. DuBois Club
Communist Party reformer
In 1991 Elliott Kenin, Northern California, was one of several hundred Communist Party USA members to sign the a paper "An initiative to Unite and Renew the Party" - most signatories left the Party after the December 1991 conference to found Committees of Correspondence.
Communist award ceremony
The Communist Party of Eastern Pennsylvania & Delaware's 1990 annual Peoples Weekly World banquet honored Jim Moran, director of Philadelphia Area Project for Occupational Safety and Health, and Debbie Bell, local Party chairperson and treasurer of the Black Radical Congress. Royce Adams served as MC, while Eliott Kenin sang and Amina Baraka recited poetry.
Adams read out a tribute to Bell from Julian Bond of the NAACP - he said Bell was "part of a band of brothers and sisters who dared risk life and limb to make American democracy live up to its promise....you could not selected a finer life to celebrate or a finer person to honor."
CPUSA Peace and Solidarity Commission
- ↑ http://muse.jhu.edu/login?uri=/journals/bridges_a_jewish_feminists_journal/v011/11.2kenin.html
- ↑ American Opinion February 1969, page 3
- ↑ Addendum to Initiative document Nov. 13 1991
- ↑ PWW October 30, 1999, page 2
- ↑ Article on the Solidnet website, taken from the People's World website (original article now removed)