Committee for a Just Peace in Israel and Palestine
The Committee for a Just Peace in Israel and Palestine was founded in 2002 as a diverse, community-based group dedicated to organizing local activities and educational events that advance the cause of peace and justice for both Palestinians and Israelis.
The Committee states that they stand for the following:
- Support for equal rights and access to resources for all inhabitants of the region, based on principles of social, economic, environmental, and political justice
- Support for peace and justice activities in Israel, Palestine, and the U.S
- An end to the Israeli occupation of the West Bank, Gaza, and East Jerusalem, in accordance with international law and U.N. resolutions
- An end to U.S. policies that sustain the occupation
- International support for an equitable and just negotiation process
- A resolution to the Palestinian refugee issue in accordance with international law and human rights principles
- An end to all forms of terror: state, organizational, and individual
- Rashid Khalidi spoke in September, 2004 in a talk entitled "Resurrecting Empire: Our Perilous Path in the Middle East".
- Ronnie Gilbert addressed the 2006 Walk audience.
- Rebekah Levin
The following were listed for those applying for a scholarship for a visit to Israel/Palestine as "qualifying organizations":
- Global Exchange
- American Friends Service Committee
- the Israeli Committee Against House Demolitions
- Faculty for Israeli-Palestinian Peace
- Birthright Unplugged
- Christian Peacemaker Teams
- Compassionate Listening Project
- Interfaith Peace-Builders
- Holy Land Trust
- Ministry of Money