- 1 Education
- 2 Drastic Cutback in Military Spending
- 3 Hawaii Independent Cooperative Press
- 4 U.S.- Grenada Friendship Society
- 5 Center for Labor Education & Research
- 6 American Federation of TV and Radio Artists
- 7 DataCenter Donor
- 8 Media Council Hawaii
- 9 World Association of Press Councils
- 10 Statehood Hawaii
- 11 References
Christopher (Chris) R. Conybeare has worked as an independent film producer and as an attorney for media and telecommunications. He is a West O'ahu media specialist at the University of Hawaii.
In 1971, Conybeare received his Juris Doctor degree from Case Western Reserve University School of Law in Cleveland, Ohio and has been active in the labor movement on the Mainland and in Hawaii ever since.
Drastic Cutback in Military Spending
A brochure announcing a National Conference for a Drastic Cutback in Military Spending, to be held on April 5-6, 1975, at the LaSalle Hotel, Chicago, was printed by the National Conference on Military Spending Organizing Committee, of 156 Fifth Avenue, Room 716, NYC, NY, 10010. The printing Bug was that of the CPUSA's Prompt Press, 209.
Hawaii Independent Cooperative Press
The initial Board of Directors of the Hawaii Independent Cooperative Press consisted of: Ikaika Hussey, Herb Hussey, Kimo Campbell, Niklaus Schweitzer, Daniel Nahoopii, John Witeck, Chris Conybeare, Tanna Hee, and Bernard Paloma.
U.S.- Grenada Friendship Society
A mixed group of Communist Party USA members and supporters, assorted communists/marxists, and other far-left individuals held a "Founding Conference" of the U.S.- Grenada Friendship Society in Washington, D.C. on April 26, 1980.
Chris Conybeare was one of the conference sponsors.
Center for Labor Education & Research
From 1981 to 1989, Conybeare produced the Rice & Roses television series for the Center for Labor Education & Research on a contract basis. In 1995 he joined CLEAR, working as the producer of their video production unit and continuing to produce the Rice & Roses programs.
American Federation of TV and Radio Artists
In 2007 Chris Conybeare was listed on the DataCenter's annual report as a donor to the organization. The Oakland, California based DataCenter is widely regarded as the intellegence wing of the United States Left and has close ties to Cuba.
Media Council Hawaii
As at July 14, 2008, Conybeare has served as president of Media Council Hawaii, formerly the Honolulu Community Media Council. The Council was founded in 1970 and is a non-profit with the stated aim of improving public access to information and promoting accurate and fair journalism in Hawaii.
World Association of Press Councils
- CLEAR website: Faculty
- [House Ways & Means Committee hearings on IRS Tax Reform, printed report on Illegal Lobbying written by the Council for Inter-American Security CIS, 1977. The report was submitted in lieu of testimony as CIS learned of a townhall hearing too late to get put on the live witness testimony list and was told to submit the report as their official statement]
- Articles of Incorporation, Per Haw. Rev. Stat. 421C-11.5
- [The Revolution Lobby, Allan C. Brownfeld and J. Michael Waller. Council for Inter-American Security and Inter-American Security Educational Insstitute, 1985, pp. 71, 119-120
- DataCenter 2007 Annual Report
- Media Council Hawaii press release, July 14, 2008
- WAPC website: Structure of WPAC
- Statehood Hawaii website: About