Robert W. Edgar
National Council of Churches
Bob Edgar served as a Member of the United States House of Representatives, representing the 7th District of Pennsylvania from 1975 to 1987.
Tour to Nicaragua
A follow up report by Studds claimed that the Sandinista's main "accomplishment has been to create within Nicaragua a universal commitment to social equity, and a concern for the country's multitude of poor, ill clothed, ill fed and sick people. There is a fully shared sense that the revolution is necessary and just."
Supported by Council for a Livable World
The Council for a Livable World, founded in 1962 by long-time socialist activist and alleged Soviet agent, Leo Szilard, is a non-profit advocacy organization that seeks to "reduce the danger of nuclear weapons and increase national security", primarily through supporting progressive, congressional candidates who support their policies. The Council supported Robert W. Edgar in his successful House of Representatives run as candidate for Pennsylvania.
National Jobs For All Coalition
National Committee for Responsive Philanthropy
- ↑ http://www.commoncause.org/site/pp.asp?c=dkLNK1MQIwG&b=4860231
- ↑ http://www.ncccusa.org/news/2000GA/edgar.html
- ↑ http://www.ncccusa.org/news/080819wccanniversary.html
- ↑ [A Call to Conscience: The Anti/Contra War Campaign By Roger C. Peace, page 18]
- ↑ CLW website: Meet Our Candidates
- ↑ National Jobs For All Coalition: Who We Are (accessed on Nov. 16, 2010)
- ↑ http://www.ncrp.org/about-us/staff
- ↑ Rael Jean Isaac and Erich Isaac, "The Coercive Utopians" (Regnery Gateway, 1983) p.206